Clear all

Grinding Mistakes

5 Posts
3 Users
2 Likes
Kale Cope
Eminent Member Apprentice Bladesmith
Topic starter

I was grinding on a chefs, and I messed up by touching the grind a tad bit too far towards the handle. This has left a rather ugly gap when you look at the blade from the side. I would love to know how to fix this.

Posted : 29/11/2022 7:45 pm
Kale Cope
Topic starter

I would add a picture, but I have no idea how

Posted : 29/11/2022 7:57 pm
Joshua C States
Reputable Member Journeyman Bladesmith (5yr)

Posted by: Kale Cope

I would add a picture, but I have no idea how

Save a photo to you desktop compute or phone. 

Open a browsers and go to: Online Photo editor - Pixlr.com image edit. Choose Launch PixlrX

Open the image and resive it to around 800x650 pixels and save it again.

Click the choose file button on the bottom of the post screen here and browse to find the photo.

Attach the photo to your post.

“So I'm lightin' out for the territory, ahead of the scared and the weak and the mean spirited, because Aunt Sally is fixin’ to adopt me and civilize me, and I can't stand it. I've been there before.”

Posted : 29/11/2022 10:20 pm
Kale Cope reacted
Eminent Member Apprentice Bladesmith (5yr)

Good evening Kale, you can attach a file directly when you make a post, it is below the text box that you type in.  There is a 1mb limit on this forum.

Or if you prefer to embed the picture you can sign up for a photo sharing site; such as imgur or photobucket, and copy and paste the direct link of the photo at the size you want.  That is how you can share pictures directly in your post without having to click on the link for the attached picture.

Best Regards,

Adam

Posted : 29/11/2022 10:42 pm
Kale Cope reacted
Kale Cope
Topic starter

Just remembered that I never actually provided any pictures. I did manage to fix the issue however so it wouldn’t be relevant anymore

Posted : 18/12/2022 5:17 pm
Share: