Notifications
Clear all

Parkerized

4 Posts
3 Users
1 Likes
Topic starter

hello, I have a problem, I want to do the parkerized on a sheet and it remains gray, I use the same technique as always and I have tried different products, I have tried the piece polished to 1200, 800 and 600 grit. Always well degreased, the mix as says the product from the factory, 10 in 90 of distilled water, 2 fine steel sponges, I leave it for 2 hours at 70 degrees, then I have between 95 and 98 degrees, I have also tried lower temperatures, but it still comes out gray. It started to happen to me this year, it always worked out well for me and this year it started to turn out like this. Anyone else has happened? if anyone has experience with this i would appreciate advice. Cheers

Posted : 27/12/2021 6:50 pm
Joshua C States
Reputable Member Journeyman Bladesmith (5yr)

I have never tried the Parkerizing process, but MS Adam DesRoiers has done it quite a bit. You might want to reach out to him. His profile and contact info is the ABS directory.

“So I'm lightin' out for the territory, ahead of the scared and the weak and the mean spirited, because Aunt Sally is fixin’ to adopt me and civilize me, and I can't stand it. I've been there before.”

Posted : 27/12/2021 7:37 pm
Karl B Andersen
Journeyman Bladesmith Forum Moderator

A good Parkerizing job MUST be heavily blasted with coarse media.

[img] [/img]

Posted : 29/12/2021 8:13 am
Casey Brown reacted
Karl B Andersen
Journeyman Bladesmith Forum Moderator

[img] [/img]

Posted : 29/12/2021 8:14 am
Share: