Notifications
Clear all

JS Testing at 2021 Blade

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Trusted Member Apprentice Bladesmith
Topic starter

Given the fact that this is my first Blade show and I’m presenting my JS set for judging, a few questions come to mind——

do I need a show pass to get to the testing room? 

Time and place for the JS test?

Do I need a special pass to get in early?

Any additional information would be greatly appreciated! I’ve searched the ABS site but not much current detail there yet.

Posted : 03/05/2021 10:42 pm
Joshua C States
Reputable Member Journeyman Bladesmith (5yr)

Cindy Sheely will send you a packet with all the info on testing. She probably sent you a few emails on the subject too. If you have any questions, she is the go-to person. I believe the deadline for confirming you are presenting is tomorrow, May 4.

“So I'm lightin' out for the territory, ahead of the scared and the weak and the mean spirited, because Aunt Sally is fixin’ to adopt me and civilize me, and I can't stand it. I've been there before.”

Posted : 03/05/2021 11:50 pm
Trusted Member Apprentice Bladesmith
Topic starter

@joshua-c-states awesome! Thanks so much!

Posted : 04/05/2021 12:03 am
Kevin R. Cashen
Estimable Member Admin

The testing time is 8:00 am sharp on Friday.  There are two meeting rooms, off the mezzanine, that we always use that are outside the show room.  However, the past couple of years security has been much tighter, and I suspect it will be even more so this year due to social distancing.  You will get information in your package from our office, but there will also be e-mails that will have passes to get you to the judging rooms. 

I will post more information as I get it. 

Posted : 04/05/2021 9:59 am
Share: