Uses for small piec...

Notifications
Clear all

Uses for small pieces of micarta

5 Posts
3 Users
8 Likes
Joshua C States
Reputable Member Journeyman Bladesmith (5yr)
Topic starter

I use superglue to stick a small piece of micarta to my guards and spacers to hand sand the faces on a granite slab. Recently, I made a small Ulu and was trying to figure out how to do the finish sanding on the flats. Well, here's another use for the super glue and micarta trick. Next up will be folder blades and springs....

“So I'm lightin' out for the territory, ahead of the scared and the weak and the mean spirited, because Aunt Sally is fixin’ to adopt me and civilize me, and I can't stand it. I've been there before.”

Posted : 06/08/2021 12:05 am
Joshua C States
Topic starter

Using it at the disc grinder

“So I'm lightin' out for the territory, ahead of the scared and the weak and the mean spirited, because Aunt Sally is fixin’ to adopt me and civilize me, and I can't stand it. I've been there before.”

Posted : 06/08/2021 12:06 am
Joshua C States
Topic starter

And using it to hold the blade in a vice mounted to the side of the bench for hand sanding.

Posted : 06/08/2021 12:07 am
Karl B Andersen
Journeyman Bladesmith Forum Moderator

Great ideas! Better than tape.

Posted : 11/08/2021 6:09 pm
James Keeton reacted
Kevin Stinson
Estimable Member Apprentice Bladesmith

🤔how does the glue hold at higher grits? as i have noticed, epoxies dont hold well the higher polishs.

Posted : 17/10/2023 1:58 pm
Share: