Abs Youtube Video -...

Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Abs Youtube Video - Master Smith Lin Rhea Demonstrates Forging The X-Rhea Utility Knife

5 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
Admin_DJC305
Topic starter

ABS YouTube Video - Forging the X-Rhea Utility Knife

Master Smith Lin Rhea demonstrates the techniques for forging his X-Rhea utility knife in this detailed step by step YouTube video filmed by ABS member Stuart Smith. This is an outstanding demonstration with excellent camera work.

A special thanks to ABS Master Smith Lin Rhea and ABS Apprentice Smith Stuart Smith, South Africa!

[media] http://www.youtube.c...h?v=NjxXUSgeT1U [/media]

Dan Cassidy
Journeyman Smith
Send an email to Dan

Posted : 18/06/2017 9:16 am
Trusted Member Apprentice Bladesmith

Morning,

I've tried master lins x-rhea a couple times but didn't quite get what I wanted which is to make it look like his. I really appreciate when the how tos get posted, alot of times the thing a guy gets hung up on, when he sees how the process should go is usually a DOH! Moment cuz it's obvious really but its the skilled craftsmen with the capacity for abstract thought that outline the steps in such a natural progression that make it so obvious once witnessed. Thank you Lin and thank you Stuart. I really enjoyed this little diddy and am invigorated to go take another stab at it.

Posted : 18/06/2017 10:10 am
New Member Guest

Thanks to all who took part in getting this demo online. What a fantastic learning tool.

Very enjoyable & educational.

Posted : 20/11/2017 7:23 pm
Jesse_Smith

Great video. Thanks for posting it, Dan, and thanks for sharing your knowledge, Lin.

Posted : 25/11/2017 4:32 pm

|quoted:

ABS YouTube Video - Forging the X-Rhea Utility Knife

Master Smith Lin Rhea demonstrates the techniques for forging his X-Rhea utility knife in this detailed step by step YouTube video filmed by ABS member Stuart Smith. This is an outstanding demonstration with excellent camera work.

A special thanks to ABS Master Smith Lin Rhea and ABS Apprentice Smith Stuart Smith, South Africa!

[media] http://www.youtube.c...h?v=NjxXUSgeT1U [/media]

Posted : 03/09/2018 10:07 pm
Share: