Clear all

Icce Show Dates Change

5 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
Ed Caffrey
Prominent Member Master Bladesmith
Topic starter

Just received an email from Cindy saying that the ICCE show dates have been changed from Sept 9-11 TO Sept 23-25. If you've already made travel/hotel plans, it might be a good idea to make the necessary changes!

Unfortunately, the change of dates means I will not be attending the 2016 show (other committments), so if anyone is on the waiting list, my table will be vacant.

Ed Caffrey, ABS MS
"The Montana Bladesmith"
www.CaffreyKnives.net

Posted : 28/01/2016 5:17 pm
Noble Member Apprentice Bladesmith

That eliminates me as well. That's too bad as I really enjoyed the show last year.

Gary

Posted : 28/01/2016 7:18 pm
Admin_DJC305

I am out as well.

Dan Cassidy
Journeyman Smith
Send an email to Dan

Posted : 28/01/2016 9:01 pm
Joshua States

Well, that's right in the middle of my elk hunt. So, I'm out.

You know, I have a question though. In Cindy's email, she stated that "The hotel informed us that there was a very large convention the week of the show that would use all downtown parking with some streets being blocked off and extended waits for restaurants. They did not feel this particular convention would help our show."

What is this convention, and why would it not be good for the ICCE show? Having worked at the Phoenix Convention Center for 5-1/2 years I can tell you that conventioneers are often looking for things to do while in town and we often hosted several shows at the same time with very divergent interests. (like the time the Hip Hop music awards were in the same building as the Baptist Ministers and the GLBT Rights group)No group ever seemed to be adversely affected by the presence of the other. In my view, if there's a convention in town, there is a potential audience.

Joshua States

www.dosgatosforge.com

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdJMFMqnbLYqv965xd64vYg

https://www.facebook.com/dos.gatos.71

Also on Instagram and Facebook as J.States Bladesmith

“So I'm lightin' out for the territory, ahead of the scared and the weak and the mean spirited, because Aunt Sally is fixin’ to adopt me and civilize me, and I can't stand it. I've been there before.”

Posted : 28/01/2016 10:26 pm
Cindy Sheely

Table holders,

Sorry to hear that some will not be able to make the change of date. If you are sure you can't make it to the show due to the date change, please let me know so we can make sure those on the waiting list will have time to make their arrangements. ABS office phone is 419-832-0400. I really appreciate your consideration and help with this.

Cindy Sheely

ABS Office Manager

(419) 832-0400

[email="[email protected]"][email protected][/email]

Posted : 29/01/2016 4:45 pm
Share: