Notifications
Clear all

Knife Awards

8 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
Noble Member Apprentice Bladesmith
Topic starter

Something that I would like to submit to the show committee for consideration is the addition of a couple of awards.

A traditional favorite award for most shows is "Best Bowie". It just seems odd to hold a major knife show without a "Best Bowie" competition.

To this I would like to also add the addition of Best Historically Inspired Knife to the awards. With the history behind the K.C. show, this seems like a natural category.

Let me know if these competitions are something that you would like to see added to the show.

Thanks,

Gary

Posted : 29/05/2016 6:32 pm

I like both idea's Gary, but explain the "Best Historically Inspired Knife" concept to me if you would.

Is this knife going to be an exact reproduction of a knife from the past, or a knife "inspired" by a knife from the past, or a knife "inspired" by an historical event?

Sorry for being so naive, but I do like making reproductions of knives form the past, flint knapping to bear jaw knives, etc... something about doing so makes me happy.

Posted : 31/05/2016 12:07 pm
Noble Member Apprentice Bladesmith
Topic starter

|quoted:

I like both idea's Gary, but explain the "Best Historically Inspired Knife" concept to me if you would.

Is this knife going to be an exact reproduction of a knife from the past, or a knife "inspired" by a knife from the past, or a knife "inspired" by an historical event?

Sorry for being so naive, but I do like making reproductions of knives form the past, flint knapping to bear jaw knives, etc... something about doing so makes me happy.

Typically a "Historically Inspired Knife" is made in the style of a famous knife or knife maker but not necessarily an exact duplicate.

Gary

Posted : 31/05/2016 1:10 pm

Thank you Gary.

Posted : 31/05/2016 2:25 pm
Cindy Sheely

Hi all,

Butch and I are sorry we aren't at the ICCE show to congratulate all the winners of awards. The categories and winners are:

Best Folder - Johnny Stout

Best Hunter - Jerry Moen

Best of Show - Bruce Bump

Best Collaboration - Bruce Bump made the pistol knives, Roger Tries made the case and Brian Hochstrat did the engraving.

Best Damascus - Bill Burke

Best Bowie - Bill Burke

Best Fixed Blade - Travis Wuertz

Best Art Knife - Gary Mulkey

Best Combat Knife - Shayne Carter

Bill Moran Damascus - Bill Burke

Cindy Sheely

ABS Office Manager

(419) 832-0400

[email="[email protected]"][email protected][/email]

Posted : 23/09/2017 3:34 pm
Jesse_Smith

|quoted:

Hi all,

Butch and I are sorry we aren't at the ICCE show to congratulate all the winners of awards. The categories and winners are:

Best Hunter - Jerry Moen

Best of Show - Bruce Bump

Best Collaboration - Bruce Bump made the pistol knives, Roger Tries made the case and Brian t

Best Damascus - Bill Burke

Best Bowie - Bill Burke

Best Fixed Blade - Travis Wuertz

Best Art Knife - Gary Mulkey

Best Combat Knife - Shayne Carter

Bill Moran Damascus - Bill Burke

Congratulations to all, and WAY TO GO Bill Burke on winning 3 awards with one knife!

Posted : 23/09/2017 3:45 pm
Cindy Sheely

As I said I would find out who collaborated with Bruce Bump on the Best Collaboration - Bruce Bump made the pistol knives, Roger Tries made the case and Brian

Cindy Sheely

ABS Office Manager

(419) 832-0400

[email="[email protected]"][email protected][/email]

Posted : 23/10/2017 4:57 pm
Cindy Sheely

ICCE Show 2018

The categories and winners are:

Best Hunter – JW Randall

Best of Show – Veronique Laurent

Best Collaboration – To be announced