Clear all

Cold In Western Ma

6 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
Eminent Member Apprentice Bladesmith
Topic starter

Hello Ladies and Gentlemen,

My name is Stephen Ranti and as the title says its cold here in MASS today! Per Cindys Email I wanted to take a couple minutes to introduce myself to everyone and, what I hope to accomplish with the American Bladesmith Society in the coming years. I started making material removal knives about 21/2 years ago. I used mainly 01 and 1084 steels for my knives. After taking a class at a local forge to learn how to forge blades, I was hooked! I still make both types of blades now but enjoy the forged ones more. I decided to join the ABS to increase my knowledge of forging blades and increase my skill level at producing them. I am looking into classes at the New England School of Metalwork now. My eventual goal is to obtain my Journeyman's Smith endorsement from this Orginazation. After that I hope to help other Like Minded individuals learn about forging quality blades. So many gracious and talented people have helped me get to where I am now, it's one of the reasons I want to make better blades! Any questions please contact me, I want to be a valued participant on this forum.

Thanks,

Stephen

Posted : 08/11/2019 4:00 pm

Welcome Stephen!!

Want to see more of my work follow me on Instagram:JasonVolkertKnives

Want to get in touch with me [email="[email protected]"]Email[/email] me.

Posted : 08/11/2019 5:58 pm
Honorable Member Journeyman Bladesmith (5yr)

Stephen

Welcome to the ABS and Forum.

Anthony

Posted : 08/11/2019 9:06 pm
Karl B. Andersen

Welcome to the forum and to the ABS.

What has proven true, again and again, is that you get OUT of the ABS what you put INTO the ABS.

It's my guess you will be getting a lot OUT of your presence here with us.

Welcome aboard.

Karl B. Andersen

Journeyman Smith

Posted : 09/11/2019 8:02 am
Active Member Apprentice Bladesmith

Welcome to the forum ! I'm also in MASS but in the southern central area.

Posted : 09/11/2019 9:10 am
Eminent Member Apprentice Bladesmith
Topic starter

Thanks guys!!! Looking forward to the journey!!

Posted : 10/11/2019 10:26 pm
Share: