Notifications
Clear all

Bowie and sheath

3 Posts
3 Users
1 Likes
Trusted Member Apprentice Bladesmith (5yr)
Topic starter

I made the Bowie in 2021. My tax accountant admired a photo of the knife and now we are swapping tax services for the Bowie knife and sheath made by an ABS apprentice, me. I finished the sheath yesterday. The blade is 1084 with a big leaf maple handle stabilized and dyed light brown by Mel Dunlap's Wood Dynamics in York, PA. Pin and guard are nickel silver. The sheath is cowhide with a snake skin inset. I've grown fond of the knife and am pleased with the sheath I made and it will be difficult to part with the package. Oh, well. Hopefully, the next one will be even better!

[email protected]

Posted : 09/04/2022 9:01 pm
Casey Brown reacted
Kevin R. Cashen
Estimable Member Admin

One advantage of what we do is that since we create something unique, it can often lead to us being able to obtain items or services, that would normally be hard to afford, when folks recognize our unique skill set.   

Posted : 23/04/2022 8:10 am
Joshua C States
Reputable Member Journeyman Bladesmith (5yr)

Looks nice Jesse. I am fond of that shape handle on a Bowie. It also works well as a frame.

“So I'm lightin' out for the territory, ahead of the scared and the weak and the mean spirited, because Aunt Sally is fixin’ to adopt me and civilize me, and I can't stand it. I've been there before.”

Posted : 08/07/2022 9:27 pm
Share: