Notifications
Clear all

Take-down frame handle

6 Posts
3 Users
2 Likes
Joshua C States
Reputable Member Journeyman Bladesmith (5yr)
Topic starter

Way back in 2016, I saw a video of MS Jean Louis Regel and MS Veronique Laurant demonstrating a take-down frame handle that was entirely held together by mechanical means. No glue in the handle and the scales could be removed from the frame. I was fascinated by the design and have wanted to make something similar ever since. I finally got the opportunity, with this latest commission.

“So I'm lightin' out for the territory, ahead of the scared and the weak and the mean spirited, because Aunt Sally is fixin’ to adopt me and civilize me, and I can't stand it. I've been there before.”

Posted : 22/06/2022 5:33 pm
Joshua C States
Topic starter

The other side

“So I'm lightin' out for the territory, ahead of the scared and the weak and the mean spirited, because Aunt Sally is fixin’ to adopt me and civilize me, and I can't stand it. I've been there before.”

Joshua C States
Topic starter

The video of the assembly process.

https://youtu.be/gzBTH_kcVVo

John Keating reacted
Karl B Andersen
Journeyman Bladesmith Forum Moderator

Those are very enjoyable build.

The first one I ever saw was by Bruce Bump. I had been making take-downs almost 10 years when I saw his. I built maybe 4 or five and then showed John White - RIP - how it was done.

He then shared it with the foreigners.

What is enjoyable is the wide variety of methods to be employed. 

Posted : 23/06/2022 7:21 am
Eminent Member Apprentice Bladesmith

Joshua, I have to say I'm very impressed with your work. I've seen quite a few of your posts and every one of your builds are amazing. Very well done and very inspiring. 

Posted : 25/06/2022 11:49 am
Joshua C States
Topic starter

Thanks Jesse. I'm always learning. Every day is a school day.

Posted : 27/06/2022 4:11 pm
Share: