Temp probes/Thermoc...

Notifications
Clear all

Temp probes/Thermocouplers

5 Posts
3 Users
1 Likes
Joshua C States
Reputable Member Journeyman Bladesmith (5yr)
Topic starter

I have a limited supply of Type N Temp probes by Omega for sale.

These are the probes:  https://www.omega.com/en-us/temperature-measurement/temperature-probes/probes-with-integral-connectors/kqxl-nqxl/p/NQXL-116U-18

The specs say " For Use Up to 1335°C (2440°F)", but the rated process max temp is 1900°F, so they can get a little wonky above 1900.

“So I'm lightin' out for the territory, ahead of the scared and the weak and the mean spirited, because Aunt Sally is fixin’ to adopt me and civilize me, and I can't stand it. I've been there before.”

Posted : 09/07/2022 10:43 am
Joshua C States
Topic starter

These are new and in the original packaging. The probe is .062" diameter and 18" long. They come with the 2-piece molded connectors and associated connection devices/strain relief. They do not come with a lead wire or temp readout/controller. The typical wire lead is 24 ga.

“So I'm lightin' out for the territory, ahead of the scared and the weak and the mean spirited, because Aunt Sally is fixin’ to adopt me and civilize me, and I can't stand it. I've been there before.”

Posted : 09/07/2022 10:44 am
Joshua C States
Topic starter

These cost $46.69 + shipping from Omega. After checking postage rates for first class mail, I'm selling to ABS members for $30 each including shipping CONUS. Three or more for $25 each including CONUS shipping.

Email me for purchase details and additional photos: [email protected]

Posted : 09/07/2022 10:49 am
Karl B Andersen
Journeyman Bladesmith Forum Moderator

I consider mine one of the most important tools in the shop.

I would not forge or heat treat without one - so I have a spare.

It's the smart blade smith who will buy these.

Posted : 10/07/2022 6:24 am
Eminent Member Apprentice Bladesmith

Email sent.  Thank you!

Posted : 16/07/2022 6:04 pm
Share: