Journeyman Smith Forest “Butch” Sheely demonstrates the step by step process of forging a tomahawk. This informative demonstration was well attended at the ABS Mid-America Bladesmithing Symposium in Troy, Ohio.
This DVD contains the following Chapters:
1) Introduction & Materials
2) Preparing Fold for Handle Eye
3) Forge Welding Head & Bit Insert
4) Peening Blade to “Hawk” Shape
5) Straightening and Drifting “Hawks” Eye
6) Flatter “Finished” Blade & Apply Touch mark
7) Planning & Discussing Blade Profiles
8) Grinding & Heat Treating Blade
**Shipping prices are based upon average costs of United States Postal Service First-Class Package rates. If you prefer another method of shipping please contact us to let us know.