Notifications
Clear all

Joe Keeslar Update From Suzanne

18 Posts
12 Users
0 Likes
Cindy Sheely
Topic starter

Posted by Cindy, by request from and written by Suzanne.

Dear ABS Board and members,

On Oct. 8 Joe suffered a “moderate” stroke at his home affecting his left arm, leg and face. Immediate treatment with a “clot-busting” drug followed at the local hospital. He was then flown to St Thomas Midtown Hospital ICU Nashville, TN, for 24 hrs of close supervision by a neurologist. On Saturday he was transferred to the Stroke Unit at St Thomas and now is recovering back at Murray, KY, where you may send cards or notes to: Joe Keeslar, MCCH Acute Intensive Rehabilitation Unit-Room 434, 803 Poplar Street, Murray, KY 42071. Joe has maintained his charm, sense of humor, storytelling and crushing handshake throughout. Regular reports on his progress will appear on the ABS forum (thanks, Cindy!) and my Facebook page (thanks to my sister Marilyn Lusk). ABS JS Pascal Mangenot is in touch with overseas friends. Thanks to ALL for your love and support.

Semper Fi Spouse, Suzanne

Cindy Sheely

ABS Office Manager

(419) 832-0400

[email="[email protected]"][email protected][/email]

Posted : 20/10/2015 9:59 am
Noble Member Apprentice Bladesmith

Thanks for the update.

Gary

Posted : 20/10/2015 10:59 am
Dale Huckabee

My thoughts and prayers are with you and Joe.

Dale

Dale Huckabee

Journeyman Smith

dalehuckabeeknives.weebly.com

Posted : 20/10/2015 5:32 pm
Estimable Member Apprentice Bladesmith (5yr)

Prayers sent for a quick recovery.

Posted : 20/10/2015 8:56 pm
Estimable Member Master Bladesmith

Quick recovery Joe

Scott

Posted : 20/10/2015 9:20 pm
New Member Guest

Maria and I have you both in our prayers...

Posted : 20/10/2015 10:15 pm

We definitely have you and your family in our thoughts and prayers and a speedy recovery Mr. Kesslar. And thank you Ms. Seely for the update and where to send best wishes.

Posted : 20/10/2015 10:50 pm
Honorable Member Journeyman Bladesmith (5yr)

I lift you and Joe up in prayer, May God Bless You And Keep You.

Posted : 20/10/2015 11:08 pm
New Member Guest

My thoughts and prayers are with Joe and the family. May he recover quickly!

Posted : 21/10/2015 12:12 am
Admin_DJC305

This is the latest update on Joe Keeslar's condition from Suzanne Keeslar today:

From Suzanne today:

Latest news. Rehab team report every Tuesday afternoon. Making good progress.3-4 weeks in inpatient rehab projected. Allowed to drink regular liquids finally - Diet Coke brought a BIG smile - he's been asking for it for a week. Some movement returning to the left arm. Able to sit up in bed, stand then sit in his wheelchair with minimum assistant. Eating all his meals in the dining room with other patients. They are working him hard, so he is sleeping better. Ha! Enjoys his visitors and cards. Thanks to all for their support and positive energy sent his way.

Dan Cassidy
Journeyman Smith
Send an email to Dan

Posted : 23/10/2015 12:01 am

Speedy recovery Joe, you are in our prayers.

Pat Connell

Odenville Al

[email protected]

Posted : 23/10/2015 9:40 am
Cindy Sheely
Topic starter

10/29/2015 Today's update on Joe Keeslar's condition from Suzanne Keeslar today:

This week's update. Movement increasing in left arm and hand. Now able to walk up to 155 ft. at one time and do 7 steps of 4" high. Projection for release to home (w/2x week rehab sessions) in the next 2 weeks. Yea!! Joe is humbled by the many cards and calls. You may communicate our new email: [email protected]

Suzanne

Thank you Suzanne!!!

Cindy Sheely

ABS Office Manager

(419) 832-0400

[email="[email protected]"][email protected][/email]

Posted : 29/10/2015 12:46 pm
Robert Wright

Prayers for you both. Prayers for comfort, healing, and full recovery.

Bob

Posted : 30/10/2015 10:27 am
Admin_DJC305

Update tonight ( 11/3) on Joe Keeslar from Carolyn Hughes:

Great news! Suzanne reports that Joe has progressed enough to come home this weekend. His therapy will continue from home. Kurt has prepared the house to be safe for Joe. I know you will want to contact him but please hold all calls till Saturday. Any cards or letters should be sent to their address. Most of you have that info, but, if not, contact me through Messenger, and I'll help.

We know that regaining lost abilities will take time and continued hard work. Joe is very motivated and encouraged

by his successes. Thanks to all for your continued prayers and good wishes. They mean so much.

-- ------------------

This is Joe Keeslar's new email address:

[email protected]

Dan Cassidy
Journeyman Smith
Send an email to Dan

Posted : 04/11/2015 12:09 am
Honorable Member Journeyman Bladesmith (5yr)

Thanks to all for the up dates on Joe

May God bless you Suzanne for your loving support. And may God bless Joe with a complete recovery.

Anthony Griggs

Posted : 04/11/2015 6:28 pm
Page 1 / 2
Share: