Fall Piney Woods Ha...

Notifications
Clear all

Fall Piney Woods Hammer-In 2016

4 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
Honorable Member Journeyman Bladesmith (5yr)
Topic starter

I would like to thank all involved with the organizing of the Fall Hammer-In and our instructors: B.R. Hughes, Carolyn Hughes, Mike Williams, Joe Kesslar, J.R. Cook, Greg Neely, Terry Vandeventer, Butch & Cindy Sheely, Don McIntosh, and all the other master and journeyman smiths and others who were there to help. It was also a very special treat to have Kevin and Heather Harvey from Belfast, South Africa as instructors as well. You could not have asked for any better weather. If you did not come you missed a stellar time and opportunity to meet such talented smiths. Thanks to all of them for the time they took to pass on their knowledge to those who were interested in learning. Thanks again.

Anthony Griggs

Posted : 02/10/2016 8:55 pm
BrionTomberlin

I agree Anthony! A great weekend! Perfect weather, a great turnout, and great classes. Heather and Kevin's class on assegais was very good. I have not seen them in a while and it was good to get together again. The classes are very good and the opportunity to spend the weekend with good friends is something special.

Brion

Brion Tomberlin

Anvil Top Custom Knives

ABS Mastersmith

Posted : 02/10/2016 10:20 pm
Trusted Member Apprentice Bladesmith (5yr)

I had to work at my day job and missed it. I really wanted to attend because there seemed to be a great lineup of classes and instructors. I certainly hope to be able to make it to the spring hammer-in.

Posted : 02/10/2016 10:30 pm

It was a great weekend, indeed! It was nice to catch up with folks there. I'm excited to try some of the things I learned. Thanks to all who contributed!

Posted : 03/10/2016 10:35 am
Share: