Clear all

Spring Great Smoky Mountain Hammer-In

6 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
Admin_DJC305
Topic starter

Spring Great Smoky Mountain Hammer-In

The Spring Great Smoky Mountain Hammer-In is set for March 15, 16, and 17 on the campus of Haywood Community College in Clyde, North Carolina. This is the list of instructors and demonstrations.

You can register Online and pay the $65 registration fee in the store, contact Cindy at (419) 832-0400 or [email protected] , or pay the registration fee at the event.

For information on the schedule of demonstrations and special events please contact Bill Wiggins at (828) 226-2551 or [email protected]

2013 SPRING GSM EVENT FLYER Final.pdf

Dan Cassidy
Journeyman Smith
Send an email to Dan

Posted : 26/02/2013 12:07 pm
Trusted Member Journeyman Bladesmith (5yr)

I'm registerd and ready to go! Can't hardly wait. I have one knife ready and if all goes well another one ready to be critiqued over the weekend if I can steel a few minutes time from master and journeymen smiths.

Posted : 26/02/2013 1:49 pm
Cindy Sheely

I am helping Butch out, he has a finished belt axe, like the one he will be demonstrating at the hammer in. Here is a picture. Let Butch know if you have any questions.

Cindy Sheely

ABS Office Manager

(419) 832-0400

[email="[email protected]"][email protected][/email]

Posted : 06/03/2013 6:06 pm
Admin_DJC305
Topic starter

Butch

Great work on forging the belt axe. I am sure that everyone is looking forward to your demonstration at the Great Smoky Mountain Hammer-In.

Cindy

Outstanding job taking and posting the photo of the belt axe. Thank you!

Dan Cassidy
Journeyman Smith
Send an email to Dan

Posted : 06/03/2013 6:31 pm
Bill Wiggins
Eminent Member Journeyman Bladesmith (5yr)

Thanks to everyone who helped make this happen. We had a great hammer-in!! I was wore out but had a blast. Back to back 12.5 hr days made for lots of demos and learning. And all the demonstrators were great. Watching Adam build a damascus integral was a eye opener for me. Lots of work in making those. I can honestly say it was one of the best we have had here in NC.

Posted : 18/03/2013 10:32 pm

I agree with Bill, it was a great weekend. The Demos were great, and the disscussion never ended.

I was disappointed that we didn't have the cutting competition, but I understand why it wasn't held and agree with the decision that was made. I wasn't very good at it, but it sure was fun.

I would like to Thank all the demonstrators; Adam, Haley, Greg, Butch, Jason, Scott and Shane.

My thanks also goes to Bill and Haywood college for coordnating and hosting.

Russell

Posted : 19/03/2013 1:53 pm
Share: