Spring Piney Woods ...

Notifications
Clear all

Spring Piney Woods Hammer-In, 2018

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Honorable Member Journeyman Bladesmith (5yr)
Topic starter

Despite the stormy weather Friday night and the cool, chilly Saturday and Sunday, there was a good turnout. Good to see old friends and make new ones as well.

The classes were good and well attended. Thanks to the great instructors, Mike Williams, Brion Tomberlin, J.R. Cook, James Crowll, Joe Keeslar, Greg Neely,

B.R. Hughes, Don McIntosh, and Kenny Rowe. A very special thanks to the staff, Carolyn Hughes and Suzanne Kesslar. And a happy birthday again to Suzanne!

B.R. Hughes was not up and going very strong due to an injury so we wish him a fast recovery. If there is anything you would like to know about the history

of the ABS, he is to go to man! A very special thanks to Kenneth Wayne Wolfe, who made the knife for the drawing this year. It was a very nice blade.

Thanks again to all and a special thanks to all those who are helping me.

Anthony Griggs

Posted : 15/04/2018 7:24 pm
Lin Rhea

I wish I could have been there.

Lin Rhea, ABS Mastersmith

[email="[email protected]"]Email me[/email]

www.rheaknives.com

Posted : 16/04/2018 9:01 am
BrionTomberlin

Wish you could have been there too Lin. It was a good weekend Anthony. A good number of attendees and something for everyone. The auction/comedy show was a lot of fun. I was also glad that most of the students from the Intro class were able to attend. I always enjoy seeing friends and former students at these. Yes you learn a lot at these, but you also have a weekend with good friends. If you can attend a hammer in, I strongly suggest you do it.

Brion

Brion Tomberlin

Anvil Top Custom Knives

ABS Mastersmith

Posted : 16/04/2018 10:05 pm
Share: