Notifications
Clear all

Ben Breda, Js

6 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
Trusted Member Journeyman Bladesmith (5yr)
Topic starter

I often look at other makers work and check out the new JS and MS. I was doing this and I have not found much on Ben Breda. I have done multiple searches and cant find much about him. He won the Peck award. Can anyone point me to some of his work?

Posted : 10/06/2014 7:07 pm
Admin_DJC305

Kyle

I will be asking ALL of the new Journeyman Smiths to post photos of their presentation knives and to tell us about their preparation for Atlanta as well as offer some advice to future JS candidates. They will have to wait until after they receive the photos of their knives from the photographers at the Atlanta show to post them.

The recipient of the George Peck Award is selected by the seven (7) member JS Judging Panel for the best knife submitted by a Journeyman Smith Candidate at the Atlanta Blade Show and one of Ben Breda's knives was selected by the Judges. The photo of his five presentation knives is posted below and will be posted in the next issue of the ABS Journal magazine.

Dan Cassidy
Journeyman Smith
Send an email to Dan

Posted : 10/06/2014 9:36 pm

I attended the ABS intro class with Ben, we worked under Master Smith Jim Crowell.

Ben's work is meticulous and he had his own style and 'language' from the get go.

I look forward to seeing hi JS pieces and I sure hope Jim was able to be at the Atlanta show.

Congratulations to Ben!

Posted : 10/06/2014 10:32 pm
Kevin R. Cashen

I look forward to seeing Ben's work as he moves toward Master; he was a student of mine in the NESM Damascus class and his knives are as high quality as his character, I am honored to have him as a student.

"One test is worth 1000 'expert' opinions" Riehle Testing Machines Co.

Posted : 11/06/2014 10:15 am
Trusted Member Journeyman Bladesmith (5yr)
Topic starter

|quoted:

Kyle

I will be asking ALL of the new Journeyman Smiths to post photos of their presentation knives and to tell us about their preparation for Atlanta as well as offer some advice to future JS candidates. They will have to wait until after they receive the photos of their knives from the photographers at the Atlanta show to post them.

The recipient of the George Peck Award is selected by the seven (7) member JS Judging Panel for the best knife submitted by a Journeyman Smith Candidate at the Atlanta Blade Show and one of Ben Breda's knives was selected by the Judges. The photo will be posted in the next issue of the ABS Journal magazine.

Thanks. I have found a lot from the other JS & MS. Just not much from him. I got to meet many of them at Blade and speak to them but I could not find his table. I just like to see everyone's work.

Posted : 11/06/2014 3:55 pm
Active Member Journeyman Bladesmith

|quoted:

Thanks. I have found a lot from the other JS & MS. Just not much from him. I got to meet many of them at Blade and speak to them but I could not find his table. I just like to see everyone's work.

Hi Kyle,

I am sorry I missed you at Blade. My knives were displayed on Mastersmith Tim Potier's table. If you have any questions please feel free to contact me anytime.

Also I will post a better introduction and pictures here on the forum. Hopefully you will see more of my work in the near future.

Thaddeus thanks for the kind words. That class was a ton of fun!

Kevin thank you as well, it really means a lot. That damascus class was the first bladesmithing class I ever took and I had a blast.

It was great to see you at Blade as well!

Posted : 12/06/2014 12:10 am
Share: