Notifications
Clear all

Js Or Ms Failures?

18 Posts
11 Users
4 Likes
Topic starter

Thanks all. I get what you're saying Mike Williams. I wasn't questioning any of the judging either if that's the way it came across Brion I do realize that a good set of photos is not the same as holding them in your hand. When the time comes I'll be sure to have mine looked at by some judges. Brion I may be giving you a call and sending you a package when I'm going to take that step.

Thank you all for the input.

A wise man seeks wise council and I believe that is what I have received.

Posted : 21/06/2016 12:33 am
BrionTomberlin

I would be glad to Jared.

Brion

Brion Tomberlin

Anvil Top Custom Knives

ABS Mastersmith

Posted : 21/06/2016 7:33 am
Estimable Member Journeyman Bladesmith (5yr)

The fact is that there are really not that many Mastersmiths around and if you truly want to get your knives in front of them for an honest critique, you have to be creative. I did mail my knives to Ed. I also took 4 photos of each knife (both sides, from the spine, and from the cutting edge), printed the photos on regular paper, and shipped them with the knives. As Ed looked the knives over, he could circle problem areas on the photos and make notes. When he shipped my knives back to me, I was able to see the notes, study the knives to see what he was talking about, and then we later talked on the phone to clarify further.

There were problems with my knives, but all were small and repairable. All my votes were passing.

Brian

Posted : 21/06/2016 1:04 pm
Page 2 / 2
Share: