Notifications
Clear all

Testing Rules Question

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

I'm getting ready to take my performance test again next weekend and I just wanted to make sure that I have two years to present from the time of the performance test? This is what I got from the rules unless I misunderstood. Is this correct?

Posted : 24/01/2017 10:09 pm
Topic starter

|quoted:

I'm getting ready to take my performance test again next weekend and I just wanted to make sure that I have two years to present from the time of the performance test? This is what I got from the rules unless I misunderstood. Is this correct?

An applicant has three (3) years from the date of the performance test to present his or her test blade, Performance Test Certification Form, and five (5) completed knives at the ABS Annual Show and Meeting for judging by the ABS Judging Panel. If the applicant does not complete both phases of the test within a three (3) year time period, the applicant must reapply and complete the performance testing process again.

Nevermind. I found it. It's 3 years.

Posted : 24/01/2017 11:44 pm
Estimable Member Apprentice Bladesmith (5yr)

|quoted:

The time is 3 years.

From

PDF of JS Testing Rules

Time Limits:

If the applicant does not pass the performance test, he or she may not present knives for

judging at the ABS Annual Show and Meeting. The applicant is not permitted to retake the

performance test until six (6) months have elapsed from the date of the failed performance

test. An applicant has three (3) years from the date of the performance test to present his or

her test blade, Performance Test Certification Form, and five (5) completed knives at the ABS

Annual Show and Meeting for judging by the ABS Judging Panel. If the applicant does not

complete both phases of the test within a three (3) year time period, the applicant must

reapply and complete the performance testing process again. The Master Smith is

responsible for notifying the ABS of the Pass or Fail Status of the performance test. The Master

Smith is encouraged to assist the applicant who has failed the performance test to gain the

necessary skills or knowledge needed to satisfactorily meet the performance test criteria on

his or her next testing. After six (6) months, the applicant may retest with the same Master

Smith or any other Master Smith chosen by the applicant.

Posted : 24/01/2017 11:48 pm
Share: