Notifications
Clear all

Collector's Corner

11 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

COMING SOON!

The American Bladesmith Society website will soon be providing a venue for ABS members to list their blades for sale. The items must be hand made (forged) by the member listing it. The ABS will not endorse or guarantee any of the knifes listed and will not receive any profit made on the knives sold. There is no charge for a member-in-good-standing to list their knives for sale. The page will be set up so an interested party will contact the maker directly. After 30 days, all listings will be removed. If a member wishes to list his/her knife again, they may do so. There will be a form online that must be completed and submitted to the ABS. Once approved the information and a picture of the knife will be posted on the site.

Watch for more details. A start date for this member benefit has not yet been determined. To see an example of the page, look at Gallery/Collector's Corner on the AmericanBladesmith.com

For question on this new Americanbladesmith.com page, contact: ABS webmaster

Rules and disclaimers for the new page are listed at the bottom of that site as well.

Posted : 11/09/2018 1:28 pm

What a great idea and benefit to members! Thank you.

Posted : 12/09/2018 11:21 am

Will these sales pages be visible to the public or only ABS members with a forum login?

Posted : 12/09/2018 2:22 pm
Topic starter

|quoted:

Will these sales pages be visible to the public or only ABS members with a forum login?

The pages "Collector's Corner" will be visible to the general public and ABS members. As an ABS member, you will be allowed to submit a knife listing when you log into the ABS website. On your profile page, there will be link to submit a listing. At that point you will see a form to complete, a place to upload a picture of your knife and a button to submit your request. Good Luck!

Posted : 13/09/2018 3:58 pm
Karl B. Andersen

|quoted:

With the exception of a few "private" sub-forums, our web site is viewable to the general public.

That said, you must be a member to post on the forum.

Karl B. Andersen

Journeyman Smith

Posted : 14/09/2018 8:04 am

Thanks Deb and Karl

Posted : 16/09/2018 1:23 pm
Robert Wright

Thank you Deb! I posted my first knife, and I like the format.

Bob

Posted : 23/09/2018 10:56 pm
Matthew Parkinson
Honorable Member Journeyman Bladesmith (5yr)

I have tried posting a knife a couple of times now, and I haven't seen it listed. Did I make a mistake or is something wrong?

Posted : 20/12/2018 9:43 am
Topic starter

|quoted:

I have tried posting a knife a couple of times now, and I haven't seen it listed. Did I make a mistake or is something wrong?

Matthew:

Not sure if a mistake was made. Let me check to see what happened to your submission. I'm sorry your're having trouble.

Posted : 20/12/2018 12:40 pm
Matthew Parkinson
Honorable Member Journeyman Bladesmith (5yr)

thanks let me know if I should try again,

Posted : 20/12/2018 4:39 pm
Topic starter

|quoted:

thanks let me know if I should try again,

Hi Matt:

I received an answer from our website host. He explained that we use a formmail form to send the new listings. If they are not completely filled out or do not have the attachment (picture) the form failed to complete and the user should received an error message as well as the form administrator. I tried it and this is what I received.

An error occurred while processing the form. The staff at www.americanbladesmith.com have been alerted to the error www.americanbladesmith.com apologizes for any inconvenience this error may have caused.

He suggests you try to resend it and if it's not posted within 24 hours, they did not get a completed form. Reply to my e-mail if you still have problems.

Posted : 20/12/2018 6:09 pm
Share: