Notifications
Clear all

2020 Virginia Institute Of Blacksmithing

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Virginia Institute of Blacksmithing

The Virginia Institute of Blacksmithing is the only Artist Blacksmithing School certified to operate by the State Council for Higher Education of Virginia. The school is located in Waynesboro, VA near Interstates 64 and 81. We have just added our bladesmithing studio and are proud to announce that we are offering the ABS approved bladesmithing curriculum.

[center][center]

[/center][/center]

Check with the School for class availability

The Virginia Institute of Blacksmithing is proud to host the American Bladesmith Society's INTRODUCTION TO BLADESMITHING course. This is a two-week, comprehensive course and is a standardized curriculum that is suitable for the novice or the experienced bladesmith. Successful completion of this course will shorten the time required for a student bladesmith to test for Journeyman or Master status. (See Americanbladesmith.com - Testing for more details.) If you are interested in becoming an Apprentice bladesmith, see the Americanbladesmith.com for membership information.

Every student is expected to leave with the knowledge necessary to pass the ABS journeyman performance test and, if time and skill allow, each student may leave with a heat treated and final ground knife.

Class will be from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., M-F, with 1 hour lunch break. The shop will not be available to bladesmithing students on the weekend nor after hours.

CONTACT INFORMATION:

Mailing address: 178 East Side Highway, Waynesboro, VA 22980

Physical location: 200 West Twelfth St., Waynesboro, VA 22980

Phone: 434-960-9718

EMAIL: [email protected]

Webpage: www.vablacksmithing.org

Posted : 21/05/2018 3:20 pm

Great news Deb. I live in Lynchburg Va about an hour south of the school. Can not make this class as it interferes with family vacation. How can I learn of future classes?

Sorry I just realized you posted all the information in your post. On their website now, thanks again.

Posted : 23/05/2018 2:28 pm
Reputable Member Journeyman Bladesmith

For more information on knife making classes offered at the Virginia Blacksmithing Institute, click here:

ABS Classes- Virginia Blacksmithing Institute

Posted : 13/08/2018 12:36 pm
Share: