Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] 2021 Rochester Arc + Flame Center

4 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
Active Member Apprentice Bladesmith (5yr)
Topic starter

Arc + Flame Center website

2021 Class Schedule

Introduction to Bladesmithing (2-Week Course)

April 19th - April 30th (Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm): $1450

Instructor: Scott McGhee, MS

Click here for details and to register for this class

Handles and Guards (1-Week Course)

August 9th - August 13th (Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm): $795

Instructor: Brion Tomberlin, MS

Click here for details and to register for this class

We are actively interviewing candidates interested in our Welding & Fabrication Program

set to begin February 2021.

This program is directly partnered through Monroe Community College.

For more information, visit the following link: https://www.rocafc.c...raining-program

Sincerely,

Arc + Flame Team

The American Bladesmith Society is proud to announce their partnership with Arc & Flame Center in Rochester, NY. The Rochester Arc + Flame Center, founded in 2012, is an 11,000 square foot training facility designed specifically for blacksmithing, bladesmithing, coppersmithing, jewelry, welding and glass working. The mission of Arc + Flame is to provide technical training through exciting and innovative classes for people of all skill levels from short samplers to extended professional development.

Check with the School for class availability

We offer classes all year long in our modern, well equipped, clean, heated facility with capacity for up to 10 smithing students. While our yearly schedule varies it always contains a variety of classes with both local and nationally known instructors. Classes run from 3-hour samplers through 2-week long intensives. We also offer a unique year-long technical skills course in blacksmithing.

The backbone of our school is our excellent career welding program done in partnership with Monroe County Community College. This program is excellent for someone just starting out or looking for a career change.

The Rochester Arc + Flame Center located in the western suburbs of Rochester, NY, is just minutes from the airport, downtown, and Lake Ontario. The Rochester area has a great many things to offer from arts and entertainment, nearby scenic wine and beer trails along the Finger Lakes, shopping, and many museums making this an excellent vacation spot for family while you’re taking your class.

Rochester and the surrounding suburbs are home to about 800,000 people that enjoy cooler summers and brilliant autumns filled with numerous festivals, many situated along the historic Erie Canal, as well as numerous beautiful hiking destinations. Winter affords visitors plenty of opportunities for skiing and snowmobiling.

Center Hours: 9:00am-5:00pm, Monday through Friday (This reflects available hours for those who wish to visit our facility or register by phone.)

Posted : 18/12/2019 12:06 am
Lin Rhea

This is exciting! Cant wait to see what the future holds!

Lin Rhea, ABS Mastersmith

[email="[email protected]"]Email me[/email]

www.rheaknives.com

Posted : 18/12/2019 10:43 am

That's awesome. Thats driving distance for me!

Want to see more of my work follow me on Instagram:JasonVolkertKnives

Want to get in touch with me [email="[email protected]"]Email[/email] me.

Posted : 18/12/2019 10:59 am
Eminent Member Apprentice Bladesmith

I've taken a bunch of classes there, and even taught some beginners on site. It is a quality shop with both coal and gas forges, Big Blue 110 Power hammer, treadle hammer and fly press, a bunch of good quality variable speed belt grinders, post vises, and anvils and plenty of tooling. Ceilings are high and there is good lighting and adequate ventilation. The shop is kept clean and organized.

Posted : 19/12/2019 2:55 pm
Share: