Notifications
Clear all

New American Bladesmith Society Bladesmithing School In Belgium Announced

11 Posts
9 Users
0 Likes
Admin_DJC305
Topic starter

ABS Chairman Joe Keeslar announced today the opening of a new ABS School in Belgium. This is the announcement:

New ABS School of Bladesmithing in Belgium Announced

The American Bladesmith Society is proud to announce the opening of a new Bladesmithing School in partnership with The Forge at Ostiches, Belgium. The first class “Introduction to Bladesmithing" will be offered in October 2013. The class will be limited to seven (7) students. ABS Master Smith Jean-Paul Thevenot of Dijon, France, will be the primary instructor, very ably assisted by Dirk Bourguignon and Frederic Taquet of Belgium. These men are excellent bladesmiths and ABS members.

The school site is located in a beautiful Belgian village just south of Brussels. Accommodations for students are within 2 to 3 miles from the school. Here is a chance to combine a wonderful vacation in Belgium and a class in the art of the forged blade at the same time. Yes, English is spoken!! ABS Apprentices are reminded that taking the ABS Introduction to Bladesmithing Class shortens the pre-Journeyman Smith jury wait time requirements from 3 years to 2 years.

For Information on dates, tuition, and accommodations please contact:

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

Visit the OSTICHES Website at: www.forge-ostiches.be

Dan Cassidy
Journeyman Smith
Send an email to Dan

Posted : 17/06/2013 12:18 pm
Estimable Member Journeyman Bladesmith

Wow! I bet there are going to be some excited smiths over in Europe.

Posted : 17/06/2013 3:35 pm
Trusted Member Journeyman Bladesmith (5yr)

WOOOHOOO!

Posted : 17/06/2013 4:46 pm
BrionTomberlin

Great news. The smiths in Europe have a great opportunity. Thank you Joe.

Brion

Brion Tomberlin

Anvil Top Custom Knives

ABS Mastersmith

Posted : 17/06/2013 7:08 pm
Eminent Member Journeyman Bladesmith

Wow that is cool.

Greg

Posted : 17/06/2013 7:56 pm
Steve Culver
Prominent Member Master Bladesmith/ABS Instructor

This is exciting news! Expanding ABS Schools into other countries, is a great milestone for the organization.

Posted : 19/06/2013 9:36 am
Lin Rhea

That's pretty exciting!

Lin Rhea, ABS Mastersmith

[email="[email protected]"]Email me[/email]

www.rheaknives.com

Posted : 19/06/2013 10:51 am
Admin_DJC305
Topic starter

Blade Magazine Editor and Honorary ABS Member Steve Shackleford posted an article today on the Blade Magazine Website about our new school in Belgium. To read the article on the Blade website, click: http://www.blademag....ool-outside-usa

Dan Cassidy
Journeyman Smith
Send an email to Dan

Posted : 19/06/2013 10:22 pm
DERRICK WULF
Estimable Member Journeyman Bladesmith (5yr)

Exciting news! I'm planning on moving to Europe this fall and I will be eagerly seeking out other Bladesmiths to connect with. Having lived in Brussels for five years as a child I may just have to go back for a visit!

Posted : 20/06/2013 9:31 am
Travis

I had the opportunity to live near Ostiches for the last 3 ½ years and it’s a great place. The people that run it and the smiths that regularly attend are very friendly and knowledgeable. I am back in the States now but I will miss it. Dirk is a great guy and I learned a ton from him. If anyone has a chance to go I would whole heartily recommend it.

Posted : 07/07/2013 9:28 am
Trusted Member Journeyman Bladesmith (5yr)

Hi Travis!

Posted : 07/07/2013 5:49 pm
Share: