Notifications
Clear all

2014 Atlanta Blade Show Knife Award Winners

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Admin_DJC305
Topic starter

The world’s top knives were recognized during the Atlanta Blade Show, June 6 -8, 2014 at the Cobb Galleria Centre in Atlanta. These are the ABS members that were honored for their outstanding work as Custom Knife Judging Award Winners:

Best Utility Hunter - Mike Williams, MS

Best Fixed Blade - John White, MS

Best Handle - Kevin Cashen, MS

Best Sword - Roger Massey, MS

Best Damascus - Shane Taylor, MS

Best Bowie - Bill Burke, MS

Best of the Rest - Joe Szilaski, MS

Best of the Show and Best Collaboration Knife - Russ Andrews, MS made the Damascus, David Lisch, JS forged the blade, and Mike Quesenberry, MS made the handle. The engraving and scrimshaw were done by non ABS members.

Congratulations to all!

Dan Cassidy
Journeyman Smith
Send an email to Dan

Posted : 11/06/2014 5:37 am
BrionTomberlin

Congratulations to all. I was able to see most of these knives. Well deserved awards.

Brion

Brion Tomberlin

Anvil Top Custom Knives

ABS Mastersmith

Posted : 11/06/2014 10:45 am
Kevin R. Cashen

While I am still bewildered by my inclusion in that list I think it is VERY telling that almost 1/2 of all the custom knife awards were taken by ABS Mastersmiths. The ABS's dedication to education seems to be working when the majority of the top rated knives continue to come from our ranks. There are several sections in the Blade Show, but if you want to see the most award winning knives the ABS section seems to be the place to look.

"One test is worth 1000 'expert' opinions" Riehle Testing Machines Co.

Posted : 11/06/2014 10:46 am
Admin_DJC305
Topic starter

Eric Eggly at Point Seven Studios sent me the photos today of of the knives by our ABS members that earned awards and this is a link to the photos, Click: 2014 Atlanta Award photos

Thank you Eric!

Dan Cassidy
Journeyman Smith
Send an email to Dan

Posted : 17/06/2014 9:34 pm
Share: