Notifications
Clear all

Hello From Norcal

19 Posts
7 Users
0 Reactions
Topic starter

hello folks, I recently decided to get over a personal hump about joining an organization again. It hit me the only way to get to a place of recognition and past probationary time frames for that was to get it started so here I am. Odds are high I will very probably spend more time reading and taking notes than posting for a while here.

A bit of my back ground I suppose is in order. I was a Goldsmith for a decade and got really disenchanted with the industry so I started teaching Wing Tzun kung Fu & Latosa Escrima full time. I got to place where I simply did not like who I had to be to do that so I decided to get a humble job and was doing heavy steel fabrication and broke my back and blew a bunch of discs. I sat for a while trying to piece together what direction my life would take this late in the scheme of things ( 45 at that point ) and decided knives could encompass experience I had. I knew then the nuances about the steel as a knife was something I had always wanted to pursue. I have blundered about on my own for a couple of years now. Still working on building up my tooling and such and redirecting the tooling I have towards this. My hope is that progression is a reflection of what the ABS stamps / Certs are meant to reflect when they come.

~Girnie Brown, Sacramento Ca.

Edited to remove photos. Lin Rhea

Girnie ask for help guys so I just deleted them.

Girnie, when you get them re sized we can add them back. Try web resizer.

Attached files

Minimum Effort = Minimum Results every time

Posted : 21/03/2019 12:02 am
Karl B. Andersen

PM sent regarding file size:

"For images within posts there are image posting size rules in effect to keep the image uploads at 1,000 x 1,000 pixels or less and under 500k in file size and for Gallery images keep the image uploads at 600x480 pixels or less and under 50k in file size.

Karl B. Andersen

Journeyman Smith

Posted : 21/03/2019 7:53 am
Honorable Member Journeyman Bladesmith (5yr)

Girnie

Welcome to the ABS and Forum.

Anthony

Posted : 21/03/2019 8:26 am
Lin Rhea

I saw this knife being created on social media. It will be very interesting to see where your creativity leads you. If we can be of service please say so.

Yea, please resize the photos. Thanks and glad you're here Girnie.

Lin Rhea, ABS Mastersmith

[email="[email protected]"]Email me[/email]

www.rheaknives.com

Posted : 21/03/2019 8:30 am

Welcome to the forums Girnie.

Posted : 21/03/2019 10:23 am
Topic starter

|quoted:

I saw this knife being created on social media. It will be very interesting to see where your creativity leads you. If we can be of service please say so.

Yea, please resize the photos. Thanks and glad you're here Girnie.

thank you sir

Posted : 21/03/2019 12:29 pm
Topic starter

|quoted:

PM sent regarding file size:

"For images within posts there are image posting size rules in effect to keep the image uploads at 1,000 x 1,000 pixels or less and under 500k in file size and for Gallery images keep the image uploads at 600x480 pixels or less and under 50k in file size.

sorry need to find settings in my phone, I will remove them and figure out how to resize them.

Posted : 21/03/2019 12:30 pm
Topic starter

|quoted:

Girnie

Welcome to the ABS and Forum.

Anthony

thank you Anthony

Posted : 21/03/2019 12:31 pm
Topic starter

well looks like I am already stepping out :-(, how can I edit this post or delete it to repost the resized photos please ? It is probably simple but stuck :-/

Posted : 21/03/2019 12:49 pm
Topic starter

|quoted:

Welcome to the forums Girnie.

thank you Jim, can ya help me with editing this post ??

Posted : 21/03/2019 12:50 pm
Lin Rhea

I edited to remove the photos. Nice work Girnie. we can add em back when you get them re sized. No problem.

Lin Rhea, ABS Mastersmith

[email="[email protected]"]Email me[/email]

www.rheaknives.com

Posted : 21/03/2019 1:34 pm
Topic starter

|quoted:

I edited to remove the photos. Nice work Girnie. we can add em back when you get them re sized. No problem.

thank you sir

Posted : 21/03/2019 2:27 pm
Topic starter

pics resized thank you for the help. I added a couple of the other things I have done over the last year blundering about on my own.........just got off the phone with Mr Torres here in Cali and he gave me some useful information. Now I have some things to apply on my end. I have some plans to make and actions to take........onward 🙂

Posted : 21/03/2019 3:23 pm

Welcome to the ABS

Want to see more of my work follow me on Instagram:JasonVolkertKnives

Want to get in touch with me [email="[email protected]"]Email[/email] me.

Posted : 21/03/2019 7:11 pm
Topic starter

|quoted:

Welcome to the ABS

thank you kindly 🙂

Posted : 21/03/2019 7:21 pm
Page 1 / 2
Share: