Notifications
Clear all

Hello From Yuma, Arizona

6 Posts
5 Users
0 Reactions
Active Member Apprentice Bladesmith
Topic starter

Hi from Yuma. I have been moving metal for several years now. Engraving, Silversmithing, metal fabrication, micro metalsmithing, metal forming (raising metal from flat sheet), and now blacksmithing (thanks to the local college). I have had the privilige of meeting several ABS members around the country and that has sparked my interest in forging blades. I am looking for ABS members in Arizona to get together with and "talk shop". Yuma is a small town in the middle of the desert so there aren't many smiths in the area. Anyone in Arizona or the south east California who wants to get together give me a shout.

Thanks,

Dan Weddle

Posted : 08/05/2015 6:01 pm
Lin Rhea

Welcome to the forum Dan.

I would be interested in your methods of metal working along with your knives. Please feel free to share anything that you'd care to.

Thanks for being here with us.

Lin Rhea, ABS Mastersmith

[email="[email protected]"]Email me[/email]

www.rheaknives.com

Posted : 09/05/2015 8:44 am
Admin_DJC305

Dan

Welcome to the American Bladesmith Society and the ABS Forum.

Dan Cassidy
Journeyman Smith
Send an email to Dan

Posted : 09/05/2015 9:09 am
Steve Culver
Prominent Member Master Bladesmith/ABS Instructor

Daniel,

Welcome to the American Bladesmith Society and the ABS Forum!!! It would be great if you could share some of the knowledge that you have in these other metalworking skills. Don't hesitate to ask any questions you have on making knives. Lots of skilled makers on this forum who are happy to help out.

Posted : 10/05/2015 7:02 pm
Active Member Apprentice Bladesmith
Topic starter

Thank you all for making me feel welcome. I would be glad to share any information I have. I'll post a couple of pictures in the near future and get the ball rolling.

In the mean time. I am still looking for local smiths to get to gether with, any suggestions?

Dan

Posted : 15/05/2015 10:28 am
Joshua States

Daniel,

I am up in the New River area. My wife and I also belong to the Arizona Artist Blacksmith Assoc. (AABA). Several good knife makers in AABA, silversmiths, and jewelry makers as well.

You can email me from my profile page and I suggest you wander over to AABA's website at: http://azblacksmiths.org/

We have a great demo coming up in Flagstaff on July 18.

Hope to see you around the forge,

Josh

Joshua States

www.dosgatosforge.com

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdJMFMqnbLYqv965xd64vYg

https://www.facebook.com/dos.gatos.71

Also on Instagram and Facebook as J.States Bladesmith

“So I'm lightin' out for the territory, ahead of the scared and the weak and the mean spirited, because Aunt Sally is fixin’ to adopt me and civilize me, and I can't stand it. I've been there before.”

Posted : 19/05/2015 3:54 pm
Share: