Notifications
Clear all

2011 Ckca Calendar

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Jim Treacy
Topic starter

I want everyone to know that the 2011 CKCA Calendar is finished and will be available soon. Many of you are familar with our 2009 Calendar and I think that you will be pleased with this one. This year's Calendar Committee consists of myself, Paul Kessler, Roger Pinnock and Buddy Thomason who did all of the layout and technical work.

As many ABS Members know the CKCA (Custom Knife Collectors Association) wants among other things,to grow awareness and acceptance of Custom Knives as a respected and appreciated art form.

I think that this calendar is a great way to do that. It showcases all types and style of Custom Knives. The 2011 Calendar has knife images from 41 different Knife Makers. The majority of these are ABS Members.

It is a good way to expose Custom Knives to people who might not be aware of them. They make great gifts and would be at home in any knife shop.

Here is a sneak peak of the cover:

The cover knife was a collaboration by CKCA Makers and raised over $16,850.00 for Lung Cancer Research.

The Calendar will be available for sale in the beginning of October. I will post more info at that time.

Thanks,

Jim Treacy

Posted : 16/09/2010 12:13 pm
New Member Guest

The calendar will print and ship next week (week of 9/20/10). After putting it together I scrutinized every pixel on every page 10-20 times and I will venture to say that there is nothing else in the whole world of knives like it. It will be book quality in terms of image resolution, crispness, color etc. I predict these calendars will become collector items in the future. This is our second one to date.

Our first calendar in 2009 was a fine piece of work but this calendar is better - more refined, more knives, just mo' betta in general. It will be a great shop calendar for makers, a reference for those who like to track makers and notable knives, and one of the best 'small' holiday gifts you can give to folks. Obviously I'm very pleased with how it turned out.

Posted : 17/09/2010 11:59 am
Jim Treacy
Topic starter

The Calendars are at the printers. We have a shipping date of September 29, 2010.

We will have the calendars for sale on the CKCA Website in the beginning of October.

Here is a preview of the March page with beautiful knives made by Makers Steve Johnson, Tom Ferry and Jay Hendrickson:

Jim Treacy

Posted : 18/09/2010 9:14 am
Jim Treacy
Topic starter

The 2011 CKCA Calendar is now available at the CKCA Website.

Here is the kink:

http://www.customknifecollectorsassociation.com/Store.html

Here is the pricing:

2011 CKCA Calendar Prices

CKCA Members:

2011 Calendar (Shipping to USA/Canada) is $12.00 each

2011 Calendar (Shipping Internationall) is $17.00 each

Non CKCA Members:

2011 Calendars (Non-member), Shipping to USA/Canada) is $15.00 each

2011 Calendar (Non-member), Shipping International) is $20.00 each

Quantity Discounts:

Quantity Discount (Shipping to USA/Canada) 5 or more Calendars is $10.00 each

Quantity Discount (Shipping International) 5 or more Calendars is $15.00 each

All prices include Shipping & Handling.

There are 42 knife images in the 2011 Calendar, 28 of those knives were made by ABS Members.

We also urge you to buy your Calendars now. The Holiday Season is coming up, we only have a limited amount of Calendars. They make great gifts and are a super way to introduce people to Custom Knives.

Jim Treacy

Posted : 11/10/2010 5:57 pm
Share: