Notifications
Clear all

Metallurgy Of Steel For Bladesmiths

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Hey everybody,

I found an awesome metallurgy book that I thought I'd share. It's called Metallurgy of Steel for Bladesmiths & Others who Heat Treat and Forge Steel written by John D. Verhoeven a professor from Iowa State University. He gives permission in the preface to freely share and distribute the book. "Therefore, I grant any user copyright permission to download and print a copy of this book for personal use or any teacher to do the same for their students."

Anyways, I've read it and thought it would be a great resource to share. The only catch is that it's too big(~8mb) to post directly. My gmail account seems to handle it alright, so I can e-mail it to anyone who's interested. Just drop me an e-mail at [email protected] and I can shoot you a copy. (I don't check the ABS site messages very often, so my e-mail would be your best bet of getting a hold of me).

Happy smithing,

Joe Mundo

Posted : 01/12/2010 3:42 pm
Admin_DJC305

Joe:

Thank you!

The book "Metallurgy of Steel for Bladesmiths & Others who Heat Treat and Forge Steel" written by John D. Verhoeven is an 8 MB download and with a fast internet connection will download in under 30 seconds. It is in PDF file format and is 201 pages long.

The download link is: http://www.feine-kli...s/verhoeven.pdf

Dan Cassidy
Journeyman Smith
Send an email to Dan

Posted : 01/12/2010 5:06 pm
Reputable Member Journeyman Bladesmith

Joe,

I also thank you very much for the info. I downloaded it in about 5 seconds from the link you supplied!

Ed C.

Posted : 01/12/2010 8:28 pm
Topic starter

Thanks for the link, that's much easier than e-mailing it!

Posted : 01/12/2010 11:09 pm
Share: