Notifications
Clear all

New Bill Moran, Ms Book - Knife Photos Added

3 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
Jim Treacy
Topic starter

A few days ago in the Mail I received my copy of the new book: William F. Moran, Jr. "Forever a Legend" by Francesco Pachi & Steve Shackleford.

The book became available at the Blade Show, but I did not attend this year's Blade Show. I have been collecting Bill Moran knives for about 20 years. I have the other 3 Moran books: "Moran Fire & Steel" by Wayne V. Holter, "Moran 50 Yrs. Anniversary Knives" by Dominique Boucant and "Master of the Forge" by B. R. Hughes & C. Houston Price. This book is a welcome addition to anyone who enjoys forged knives and would like to know more about Moran.

The book is published by the William F. Moran Jr. Museum & Foundation Inc. which is a "nonprofit organization dedicated to the education, preservation and promotion of the ancient art and craft of hand forged knives and tools. Any profits from the sale of these books would go to the Museum & Foundation.

I told Nancy & Jay Hendrickson that I would post a thread about the book so that anyone who is interested in either purchasing the book or joing the Moran Museum could see it.

Here is a link to the Museum website, where an order form can be obtained:

​ http://www.williammoranmuseum.com/

Here is the cover of the book:

The back:

Here is a photo of Steve Shackleford, Francesco Pachi and B. R. Hughes at the Museum Booth at Blade:

Here is the Moran Museum Board and the authors at Blade:

The photography and text of this book are first-rate. I thought that I knew alot about Bill Moran and had seen the majority of his work. There is much information and many knives in this book that I have never seen before.

Jim Treacy

Posted : 19/06/2015 12:36 pm
Jim Treacy
Topic starter

Nancy Hendrickson just sent me a few Moran Knife photos that she received from Francesco Pachi that are in the "Forever a Legend". Here they are.

Moran Bowies:

Moran Cinquedea:

Moran Folder:

Moran Miniatures:

Moran ST-24:

Posted : 27/06/2015 11:39 am
Jim Treacy
Topic starter

I found a few more photos of knives that are shown in the book, including my favorite Moran folder:

Folding ST-23:

Moran Stiletto:

Moran Push Dagger:

Posted : 04/07/2015 2:13 pm
Share: