Notifications
Clear all

Feather Damascus Chefs

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

This is a 9in Chef's knife, forged of a reversed pattern Feather Damascus. The steel was made by myself and Greg Cimms. The sculpted handle is made of black g10, sterling silver, and stabilized curly maple burl.

Any thoughts or input would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Matt

Posted : 01/03/2019 12:31 pm

Wow that's 1 beautiful blade right there!!

Want to see more of my work follow me on Instagram:JasonVolkertKnives

Want to get in touch with me [email="[email protected]"]Email[/email] me.

Posted : 01/03/2019 7:41 pm
Joshua States

Well now, that certainly is a striking piece of work right there. I am not familiar with the term "reversed pattern Feather Damascus". Could you explain a little about that? I know what Feather pattern is, and how to make it (although I have yet to attempt it), but I don't see the "reversal" in this blade. Is it just that the "quill" part of the pattern is at the blade point, rather than at the handle?

Joshua States

www.dosgatosforge.com

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdJMFMqnbLYqv965xd64vYg

https://www.facebook.com/dos.gatos.71

Also on Instagram and Facebook as J.States Bladesmith

“So I'm lightin' out for the territory, ahead of the scared and the weak and the mean spirited, because Aunt Sally is fixin’ to adopt me and civilize me, and I can't stand it. I've been there before.”

Posted : 01/03/2019 8:24 pm
Topic starter

|quoted:

Well now, that certainly is a striking piece of work right there. I am not familiar with the term "reversed pattern Feather Damascus". Could you explain a little about that? I know what Feather pattern is, and how to make it (although I have yet to attempt it), but I don't see the "reversal" in this blade. Is it just that the "quill" part of the pattern is at the blade point, rather than at the handle?

Thank you both. That is the only difference is that the pattern is flipped/reversed. The "root" of the feather is at the tip rather than the handle portion.

Posted : 01/03/2019 9:44 pm
Share: