Notifications
Clear all

My quest to make crucible steel

18 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Joshua C States
Reputable Member Journeyman Bladesmith (5yr)
Topic starter

It really bugs me that the "edit post" function doesn't work for me to correct my spelling errors. It just spins a circle and never allows me to edit, add, or change a post.

"There were two pucks in the post from 12/19"

“So I'm lightin' out for the territory, ahead of the scared and the weak and the mean spirited, because Aunt Sally is fixin’ to adopt me and civilize me, and I can't stand it. I've been there before.”

Posted : 27/12/2023 10:28 pm
Joshua C States
Topic starter

Blade profiled, bevels ground in, and finished to 400 grit in preparation for HT.

“So I'm lightin' out for the territory, ahead of the scared and the weak and the mean spirited, because Aunt Sally is fixin’ to adopt me and civilize me, and I can't stand it. I've been there before.”

Posted : 31/12/2023 9:15 am
Joshua C States
Topic starter

I had cut a coupon off the tang to check for carbide formations. This got bevels grond in, hardened, tempered, and polished to 800 grit, Then a couple of short etch cycles to expose the structure.

Posted : 31/12/2023 9:17 am
Page 2 / 2
Share: