Does Somebody Need ...

Notifications
Clear all

Does Somebody Need A Very Good Rockwell Tester?

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Kevin R. Cashen
Topic starter

A few months back Tim Zowada and I found a box of Wilson Tukon tester parts that the owner would not sell separately from this Wilson Model 4-JR unit. So, we bought it all, but since Tim and I already have very good Wilson units we decided to refurbish this one to sell. Wilsons practically set the standard in Rockwell testers and are among the most reliable units, both Tim and I do all of our testing on Wilson JR models.

The 4-JR offers the widest vertical gap (12”) of any Wilson model, offering the greatest range in size of samples that can be tested. This one has all the original weights and is capable of reading both “B” and “C” scales. It comes with a flat anvil, that Tim lapped the surface of to very precise tolerances, and a specialized spot anvil for the most accurate measurements. I will also provide the buyer with manuals and documentation for the Wilson JR.

The Price is $1,000. Considering that the Chinese units are around that price, this is a much better deal.

Since it is in very good working order, I would prefer not to have to ship it so we are hoping to find somebody who would be willing to pick it up at my shop.

Those interested can e-mail me at [email protected]

Attached files

"One test is worth 1000 'expert' opinions" Riehle Testing Machines Co.

Posted : 14/01/2020 11:22 pm
Karl B. Andersen

If things were a little different that thing would be mine.

Karl B. Andersen

Journeyman Smith

Posted : 15/01/2020 9:30 am
Kevin R. Cashen
Topic starter

Well that didn't take long, the hardness tester is sold, thanks for looking though.

"One test is worth 1000 'expert' opinions" Riehle Testing Machines Co.

Posted : 18/01/2020 8:54 pm
Share: