Notifications
Clear all

Forge Design And Construction

6 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
New Member Guest

I have an area about 30x40 i am going to make a bladesmith shop and i am wanting to build a forge like the ones you see at the sofa hammer in or like the one bill moran used made out of rock does anyone know how to go about this?

Posted : 23/10/2013 2:45 pm
Robert Wright

Devan,

A welded steel forge with cast fire pot would be much cheaper and easier to construct. You would probably have to get a brick mason to build the chimney to make sure it draws properly.

I welded up my coal forge after looking at several designs on the internet. I installed the chimney pipe on a super sucker smoke box that I also made. No smoke in the shop. Found the plans for the smoke box online also. Should I ever have to move, I'll I'll be able to take it with me.

Just a suggestion to consider.

Bob

Posted : 24/10/2013 8:06 pm
Robert Wright

Here is a picture of my forge the first time I fired it back in the spring. It's 4'X3'. The coal reserve area holds over 50# of coal. I took the blower off my Champion RR forge and it has an electric blower also. I'd be glad to email you more info and pictures of it.

Bob

Posted : 24/10/2013 8:37 pm
New Member Guest

|quoted:

Here is a picture of my forge the first time I fired it back in the spring. It's 4'X3'. The coal reserve area holds over 50# of coal. I took the blower off my Champion RR forge and it has an electric blower also. I'd be glad to email you more info and pictures of it.

Bob

Bob, i would love to see more i actually thought of this type of forge as well i will give you my email

Posted : 26/10/2013 4:27 pm
New Member Guest

I inboxed you my email address

Posted : 26/10/2013 4:29 pm
Robert Wright

I'll send you some pics tomorrow.

Bob

Posted : 26/10/2013 8:27 pm
Share: