Notifications
Clear all

Tire Hammer Rebuild Tips?

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

So I just bought a Clay Spencer tire hammer in need of a lot of TLC.

The TH was in a building that caught fire, while it wasn't in the area of the direct fire it did get just hot enough to melt off the tire, damaged motor, wiring, etc. Everything else seems fine and turns smoothly. I'll definitely tear everything down and check/replace any bearings and other wear items....

The things do I need to look out for? tips, tricks, etc?

Posted : 08/01/2015 9:48 pm
Admin_DJC305

Garrett

I have an article that may assist you in repairing or building a Tire Power Hammer posted on the ABS Website in the Techniques section, click: Tire Power Hammer

As background for our members, Ray Clontz of Charlotte, North Carolina invented the Tire Power Hammer which uses the emergency spare tire and rim, hub and rear axle from a front drive car. It uses a spring and arms linkage similar to a Little Giant power hammer.

Hundreds of hammers have been built using this design without problems. Clay Spencer is offering the plans for the building of the Tire Power Hammer in a 30 page booklet which has detailed instructions, parts lists, and diagrams. Contact Clay Spencer at cell 256-558-3658, or write to 73 Penniston Pvt. Drive, Somerville, AL 35670. The plans cost is $30, postage paid.

Dan Cassidy
Journeyman Smith
Send an email to Dan

Posted : 08/01/2015 10:03 pm
Share: