Notifications
Clear all

Zellot Blade

1 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

As i do not know how to resize my photos to the requirements for the site im cheating and posting my imagery gallery link: http://imgur.com/gallery/YiBdT

Zellot blade

Material: 5160

Overall Length: 19”

Blade length 10 3/8th”

Riccoso length 2 5/8th”

Blade with 1 5/8”

Work it progress

A blade I designed for fun and as a challenge as I have notmade any blade this large. my small atlas mini-forge made it a bit tricky asits bigger then the forge but I had fun making the thing.

I plan on keeping leaving the blade in its crude form cause Ijust like how the hammer marks look in it. I plan on making this part of a pairso this one is called Primitive and its brother will be a nice fully polishedblade that I will call Civilization.

I had planned on making a lanyard pin hole for it but I justdo not have thick enough pin stock to do it right now. I still have to polishup the blade and handle but it already feels great in my hand. I also need tomodified the tip a bit to make it more like my drawing and reground the edge abit do to the chip it gained well I was testing it.

I added a six-inchhandle along with the riccoso to one protect my hand if it were to slip well I wastesting it and to allow for more leverage if it were to be used in battle.

I tested it by beating on a steel drum that still has itssteel lid on it. Well I have no real technique I can still bring the blade downon the drum like I was trying to cut the thing in half and stab into it like I wastrying to puncture it. The tip did bend as it was very thin and the edge justgot a small chip in it so she is strong.

Posted : 13/05/2017 3:54 pm
Share: