Clear all

Fall Piney Woods 2018 Registration

7 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Cindy Sheely
Topic starter

HI All,

I just want to remind you that the registration on line will be open for the Fall Piney Woods until September 24th or 25th. It is definitely easier on whoever is doing on site registration and faster for you if you have it done before you go. No credit cards can be run on site because there is no signal, so save your on site cash for the auction and register ahead.

Cindy Sheely

ABS Office Manager

(419) 832-0400

[email="[email protected]"][email protected][/email]

Posted : 29/08/2018 5:00 pm
Cindy Sheely
Topic starter

Registrations are coming in very slowly, you guys need to get it done! You will save yourself some time, just sign the sheet, grab the badge and go, and it helps with the on site registration work.

Cindy Sheely

ABS Office Manager

(419) 832-0400

Posted : 13/09/2018 6:04 pm
Mike Williams

Cindy has it right guys. Old Washington is the black hole on earth for cell phone signal.

We won't; more than likely, be taking credit cards.

So; do it online and save time; but cash at the door is always good.

Any questions about the hammer-in; post here or shoot me an email at [email protected]

M

Mike Williams

Master Smith

Posted : 14/09/2018 5:48 am
Mike Williams

Weekend after next is the Piney Woods Fall Hammer-In. We have got some top notch guys demonstrating. The weather is supposed to be dry and COOLER than the past few weeks

If you are serious about making knives or you are just starting to take interest we have got it covered.

For you smiths that are on the trail of becoming a js or ms; it is critical to know where your work stands; to get a "well done" or " I can tell you how to fix that".

To get at least half a dozen Master Smiths; all of whom are present or past judges to look over your work cannot be overstated. The interval between now and June is far shorter when you are trying to get your presentation knives done.

The Piney Woods is pretty laid back and a lot of fun and we have a really nice knife by Anthony Griggs js as the drawing knife for some lucky attendee.

If I missed something somebody jump in and add it. My fingers are wore down.

Mike

Mike Williams

Master Smith

Posted : 26/09/2018 5:40 pm
Cindy Sheely
Topic starter

|quoted:

Weekend after next is the Piney Woods Fall Hammer-In. We have got some top notch guys demonstrating. The weather is supposed to be dry and COOLER than the past few weeks

If you are serious about making knives or you are just starting to take interest we have got it covered.

For you smiths that are on the trail of becoming a js or ms; it is critical to know where your work stands; to get a "well done" or " I can tell you how to fix that".

To get at least half a dozen Master Smiths; all of whom are present or past judges to look over your work cannot be overstated. The interval between now and June is far shorter when you are trying to get your presentation knives done.

The Piney Woods is pretty laid back and a lot of fun and we have a really nice knife by Anthony Griggs js as the drawing knife for some lucky attendee.

If I missed something somebody jump in and add it. My fingers are wore down.

Mike

Cindy Sheely

ABS Office Manager

(419) 832-0400

Posted : 27/09/2018 9:33 am
Cindy Sheely
Topic starter

HI all, I have closed registration on line, but there is room for all and all are welcome to register on site. On site registration will require cash or check, no credit cards on site. Take some extra cash or checks for the great deals you are going to get at the auction, too.

Cindy Sheely

ABS Office Manager

(419) 832-0400

Posted : 27/09/2018 9:35 am
Mike Williams

Usually

brion posts this about the hammer-in but he is already there teaching a intro class. For all the new folks that would like to; we usually get a group together at the back of the Best Western and hit the bar-b-que place for supper about 6 or 630.

It is the usual mix of miscreants, ner-do-wells and slugs. We had a nice guy for a while but he couldn't take the pressure and got married.

Look for okie lic. plates. the old one is mine the new one is Brions.

Mike Williams

Master Smith

Posted : 03/10/2018 7:04 am
Share: