Clear all

New Journeyman Smiths At The 2012 Atlanta Blade Show

14 Posts
14 Users
0 Likes
Admin_DJC305
Topic starter

New Journeyman Smiths at the 2012 Atlanta Blade Show

Congratulations to the new Journeyman Smiths in the American Bladesmith Society. The following new Journeyman Smiths had their five presentation knives judged by the Judging Panel and were awarded their new rating at the 2012 Blade Show in Atlanta on Friday, June 8th.

Dana Hackney

Michael Christenson

Michael Deibert

Steve Randall

Daniel Erickson

Rob Singleton

Dietrich Podmajersky

Kenneth Hall

Dave Wenger

Congratulations to our new Journeyman Smiths!

And congratulations to Michael Deibert who was awarded the Peck Award for submitting the most outstanding knife as selected by the Judging Panel.

Dan Cassidy
Journeyman Smith
Send an email to Dan

Posted : 09/06/2012 11:15 pm
Mike Barton

I wish each of the new Journeyman Smiths a well deserved congratulation.

Thank you for your time and effort to keep the forged blade alive.

Mike

Posted : 10/06/2012 7:20 am
Mike Deibert

|quoted:

New Journeyman Smiths at the 2012 Atlanta Blade Show

Congratulations to the new Journeyman Smiths in the American Bladesmith Society. The following new Journeyman Smiths had their five presentation knives judged by the Judging Panel and were awarded their new rating at the 2012 Blade Show in Atlanta on Friday, June 8th.

Dana Hackney

Michael Christenson

Michael Deibert

Steve Randall

Daniel Erickson

Rob Singleton

Dietrich Podmajersky

Kenneth Hall

Dave Wenger

Congratulations to our new Journeyman Smiths!

And congratulations to Michael Deibert who was awarded the Peck Award for submitting the most outstanding knife as selected by the Judging Panel.

Thanks Dan,

I want to say that it was a true honor and joy for me to test with such a fine group of men. I got the chance to talk with most of the applicants but regrettably not all. There were many beautiful blades entered and it was an inspiration to see all of them.

To the judges I'd like say "thank you". They did a great job at running an orderly and professional presentation. A big thank you is also owed to the men and women of the ABS who promote excellence in bladesmithing and who run an outstanding organization. I'm proud to be a part of the ABS.

Hopefully I'll get an opportunity to meet and get to know more of you all as time ones on.

Mike

Posted : 10/06/2012 8:44 pm

Congratulations everyone!

Cheyenne Walker

Apprentice Smith

Posted : 10/06/2012 9:26 pm
Trusted Member Journeyman Bladesmith (5yr)

Way to go guys!

Posted : 11/06/2012 6:42 am
Rick Baum

Congrat's All!

Posted : 11/06/2012 5:10 pm
Daniel Erickson
New Member Journeyman Bladesmith

Thank you to the MS and JS who help me and encouraged me while an apprentice. Thank you to the numerous Master Smiths who took their valuable time, at Blade Show, to befriend me and share with me.

The Blade Show was amazing, you all made it very memorable.

Happy to be moving on ...

New JS

Daniel Erickson

Posted : 11/06/2012 5:13 pm
Jonathan Stanley

Congratulations to all of y'all!

Are there any pictures of the knives that where submitted?

Jonathan Stanley

Apprentice Smith

Posted : 11/06/2012 9:07 pm
Lin Rhea

Congratulations to you all.

Lin Rhea, ABS Mastersmith

[email="[email protected]"]Email me[/email]

www.rheaknives.com

Posted : 11/06/2012 9:28 pm
Estimable Member Journeyman Bladesmith

Congratulations!

Posted : 12/06/2012 12:29 am
Steve Culver
Prominent Member Master Bladesmith/ABS Instructor

Congratulations to all of the new Journeyman Smiths. It was great to meet you all!

Posted : 12/06/2012 5:55 am
New Member Guest

I want to say thanks to all the folks that worked hard to organize everything and to the Master Smiths on the judging panel. While it was a very stressful time waiting outside to hear the results, the overall experience was very rewarding.

-Dietrich

Posted : 12/06/2012 10:33 am
Steve Randall
Eminent Member Master Bladesmith (5yr)

Congratulations to all the Smith's with whom I tested! It was a pleasure to meet each of you, if only briefly. I was indeed in the company of craftsmen and the Journeyman Smith's rating is indeed that - a journey! Thanks to all the Master Smith's and Journeyman Smith's who gave their time so freely to visit with me and help guide me in the right direction.

The ABS is a great organization that has helped keep the forged blade alive and I am proud to be a member.

Thanks

Steve Randall

Journeyman Smith

Posted : 12/06/2012 10:55 am
BrionTomberlin

Congratulations again. I wish I could have gotten by everyones table. Just did not have the time. You all did well now pass it on. Good work guys.

Brion

Brion Tomberlin

Anvil Top Custom Knives

ABS Mastersmith

Posted : 12/06/2012 3:22 pm
Share: