Abs And The West Ta...

Notifications
Clear all

Abs And The West Take 2

10 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Its a little lonely out here on the west coast...

any plans for west coast events? i am willing to volunteer my time to help with any west coast events. i know the "california hammer in" is a thing of the past due to the event venue changing policy to "no weapons"

how large of a venue is needed? Are there any other bladesmiths interested in a west coast event?

any way just a thought from a lonely smith on the golden coast.

Tucker Parris

TAPForge.com

Posted : 29/07/2016 12:59 pm
Active Member Apprentice Bladesmith

Tucker,

Given enough advanced notice, I would be happy to help put on a hammer in. Let's make it happen.

Dan

Posted : 29/07/2016 1:19 pm
Topic starter

|quoted:

Tucker,

Given enough advanced notice, I would be happy to help put on a hammer in. Let's make it happen.

Dan

All right Dan lets figure something out! i actually might have a venue too, there is an open lot next to the workspace im trying to rent, it belongs to the same owner and they do concerts there form time to time.

I could dedicate some tools (as long as they dont walk)

Tucker Parris

TAPForge.com

Posted : 29/07/2016 2:33 pm
Joshua States

Tucker: You are about 7 hours from Phoenix

Dan: You are about 2 hours away.

I might be interested in helping put a hammer in together with you, but I would also suggest you keep an eye on these two sites:

http://www.grizzlyiron.com/upcomingEvents.html

http://azblacksmiths.org/calendar/ (you both could join)

AABA has bi-monthly demos mostly geared toward general smithing, but occasionally some knife related demos happen.

Grizzly Iron also does a lot of demos, workshops, and other events. (very interesting knife stuff planned for this winter)

You could probably even find a place to stay for free if you came this way..........

Joshua States

www.dosgatosforge.com

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdJMFMqnbLYqv965xd64vYg

https://www.facebook.com/dos.gatos.71

Also on Instagram and Facebook as J.States Bladesmith

“So I'm lightin' out for the territory, ahead of the scared and the weak and the mean spirited, because Aunt Sally is fixin’ to adopt me and civilize me, and I can't stand it. I've been there before.”

Posted : 09/08/2016 12:33 am
Topic starter

Cool Joshua thanks for the heads up. ill look into both of these.

Tucker Parris

TAPForge.com

Posted : 09/08/2016 5:47 pm

I have been thinking about asking about a west coast hammerin for a while. I really want to go to an abs hammerin but I have 3 kid's and dont have the time to drive half way across the country

Posted : 10/08/2016 2:36 pm
Topic starter

|quoted:

I have been thinking about asking about a west coast hammerin for a while. I really want to go to an abs hammerin but I have 3 kid's and dont have the time to drive half way across the country

where are you located bro? i really want to do one in southern California!

Tucker Parris

TAPForge.com

Posted : 11/08/2016 2:27 pm

|quoted:

where are you located bro? i really want to do one in southern California!

I live in Monmouth Oregon. I would love to have one up hear but one in California would be a lot closer then my current options

Posted : 11/08/2016 6:50 pm

Hey Tucker, now that you have a good size shop maybe you could host a hammer inn. Perhaps there are a few Master smiths in the area that would come. If it aint happenen make it happenen!

Posted : 09/02/2017 6:52 pm
Admin_DJC305

This second edition of the Topic on having an ABS Hammer-In in California has been on the ABS Forum since July 2016.

I would recommend that one of the parties to this thread contact ABS Chairman Harvey Dean about the request to have an ABS Hammer-In in California or one of our western states. You can reach Harvey at email: [email protected] or call him at (512) 429-0009.

Dan Cassidy
Journeyman Smith
Send an email to Dan

Posted : 10/02/2017 5:48 pm
Share: