Clear all

March Intro Class

8 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
12.1 K Views
Mike Williams
Topic starter

Just finished up the Intro Class in Old Washington. To say that Brion and I were pleased with the class is an understatement. We had students who were very, very focused; had a great sense of humor and made some great knives.

We will see some rated smiths out of this bunch.

The weather varied from really crappy to worse crappy. Everyone held the course and it worked out well.

Most of the group will be at the hammer-in in April. Say hi to them and give them some static, they can take it.

On that note; we will be looking for all of you there. "MS" Charles Stout has kindly donated a absolutely fine knife of his to be given away to one of the attendees. Any questions on the event, just holler.

M

Mike Williams

Master Smith

Posted : 15/03/2015 6:22 am
BrionTomberlin

I agree Mike. Good class and you called the weather right on. Rain, thunder, sleet, snow, covered three seasons in two weeks. I enjoyed it and look forward to seeing them again at the hammer in.

Brion

Brion Tomberlin

Anvil Top Custom Knives

ABS Mastersmith

Posted : 15/03/2015 8:51 pm

Mike and Brian : this was a great class and i was lucky to be involved with it . I learned more in the two weeks than i had in four years of stock removal .The school sheds a lot of light on Knife making in general. I made some great friends and we helped each other learn .I an looking forward to a long future with the ABS .New Mexico is a long way there but i will be taking other courses .I want to thank Mike ,Brian ,and all of the ABS for there help and support .I am still trying to find some Wasol ,Think MR Cook could help with this ? Respectfully Jim Oertel AP

Posted : 16/03/2015 10:13 pm
New Member Guest

Brion, Mike,

I just want to thank you guys again for the experience. Ya'll did an outstanding job. Although I'm still a novice, I can't believe the amount knowledge I gained. I'm already putting what I learned to use, and can see an improvement in every blade. I look forward to seeing you guys again at the hammer-in. Take care, Steve

Posted : 18/03/2015 4:20 pm
BrionTomberlin

Stephen, you are welcome. We are glad to do it. It was a good class. Keep on improving and I look forward to seeing you in April.

Brion

Brion Tomberlin

Anvil Top Custom Knives

ABS Mastersmith

Posted : 18/03/2015 8:34 pm
Mike Williams
Topic starter

You are welcome Stephen;

You guys did good! When someone in the future asks you a question; share your knowledge. You both will get better for it.

I have been asked" Why do you push the classes so?"

Because I learned without them!!!!

Mike

Mike Williams

Master Smith

Posted : 19/03/2015 6:34 am

I couldn't agree more with Steve and James. The class, the instructors, and my fellow students were as fine an introduction to the ABS as I could have hoped for. Thanks especially to Brion and Mike. I'm amazed at how much I learned in such a short time.

-Dan Ritz

Posted : 23/03/2015 8:42 pm

Now you guys are making me really glad I signed up for late feb early march Intro class!

Posted : 12/12/2015 9:37 am
Share: