Woods For Making Sa...

Notifications
Clear all

Woods For Making Saya

1 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Well I enjoy making sheaths from woods and for the one I made I use white ceder to carve them. However I had to use my stock of ceder to repair a workbench I had bought. the thing had a partical board workspace top instead of a proper wooden one. seeing as was broke i had to make do with what I hand to repair it. used the ceder. glad I get my SSD in the morning so i can get some new hardware to upgrade the bench. its a good bench however to use it as my anvil stand it will need some grade 5 screws ( I think there high carbon steel however, I cant remember there SAE formula) with some locking bolts over the cheap Stainless bolts that came with it.

As for blade steels well my go to steel will be the 10xx series however i still want to try a few since i have only worked with series O and W series steels along with 5160. I'm still getting to learning the 10XX serise and have hand my eye getting some Songsteel for some time so im definitely going to order some 1084 as i have a bit of room in i have a bit in my budget was thinking on trying some other steels like 15N20 maybe some cutlery steels, and maybe some cutlery steels however i cant go too fancy.

Posted : 31/05/2017 9:13 pm
Share: