Forget Stones Get A...

Notifications
Clear all

Forget Stones Get A Set Of These Insted.

7 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

I bought these because I had a one I got with a Flitz polishing kit, and also just love my 2 Dimond sharpening stones (one for in the shop one for indoors.) what took me about 20 min or more(depending on if I get distracted) with a traditional (artificial) 600 gritstone and my preferred method of polishing (see below) took me 3 minutes with its equivalent stick(The red one.) these are worth far more then their price. I am looking forward to seeing how long they will last as there not very thick.

how i am polishing is I hold the handle in my right hand and have a finger on the top of the other end and do it tip to tang. with the next grit up, I will be going edge to spine. I just dip in water every so often to keep it from clogging.

I am still learning Hand polish however it had become a bit of a chore for me but no longer is.

https://usaknifemaker.com/diamond-hone-pad-stick-5pack-1200-600-400250-150grit-asst.html

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B002RL83DQ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Attached files

Posted : 08/02/2020 6:34 pm
Topic starter

NOTE: there is one downside in this set and that is the jump from 600 to 1200, and it just takes longer to get it polished.

Posted : 08/02/2020 8:35 pm
Topic starter

|quoted:

NOTE: there is one downside in this set and that is the jump from 600 to 1200, and it just takes longer to get it polished.

It may be a good idea to brake them in on a piece of scrap as the grains can be a bit uneven at first and i think that's just from the manufacturing prosses used.

Posted : 09/02/2020 10:22 pm
Topic starter

However, getting if you can afford it i say get the diamond bench stones.

Posted : 10/02/2020 6:08 pm
Topic starter

I actually have warned down the extra corse of these after using it for 6-10 hours of use strait and managed to actually used it as a file as I did not the portion of the riccoso of the blade am polishing have the blade i was polishing properly prepped for polishing. so these are actually really cost-effective as they do remove material fast.

Posted : 11/02/2020 7:04 pm
Kevin R. Cashen

Never used these larger diamond tools, but I have a lot of diamond needle files that I use all the time. The beauty of diamond is that it cuts just about anything and keeps on cutting, even if the file is a cheap one, while you need to spend some real dollars to get quality steel teeth files, and you need to treat them with extreme care to keep them cutting. The death of cheap diamond tools is when the diamond coating starts to flake off, until then the main difference between cheap and $$$$ diamond tools is the concentration of diamonds that they are coated with.

"One test is worth 1000 'expert' opinions" Riehle Testing Machines Co.

Posted : 12/02/2020 11:08 am
Topic starter

|quoted:

Never used these larger diamond tools, but I have a lot of diamond needle files that I use all the time. The beauty of diamond is that it cuts just about anything and keeps on cutting, even if the file is a cheap one, while you need to spend some real dollars to get quality steel teeth files, and you need to treat them with extreme care to keep them cutting. The death of cheap diamond tools is when the diamond coating starts to flake off, until then the main difference between cheap and $$ diamond tools is the concentration of diamonds that they are coated with.

True, that's why I plan on investing on some good diamond stones as these got me hooked but are a tease.

Posted : 10/03/2020 3:28 pm
Share: