Clear all

Video- Forging The Brut De Forge Knife By Joe Keeslar, Master Smith

5 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
Admin_DJC305
Topic starter

ABS YouTube Channel - Forging the Brut de Forge knife by Joe Keeslar, MS

In this ABS YouTube video Master Smith Joe Keeslar demonstrates the forging techniques for his Brut de Forge knife. This is video 1 of 2 in a series where Master Smith Keeslar demonstrates every step in building a Brut de Forge knife from beginning to finish including forging, grinding, heat treating, handle, and finishing. This video was filmed by Logan Pearce at the 2013 ABS Piney Woods Hammer-In at the Moran School of Bladesmithing in Washington, Arkansas.

[media] http://youtube.com/watch?v=QT5c4-kGp-M [/media]

Dan Cassidy
Journeyman Smith
Send an email to Dan

Posted : 17/12/2013 6:12 pm
BrionTomberlin

Great video Joe. Dan thank you for posting this.

Brion

Brion Tomberlin

Anvil Top Custom Knives

ABS Mastersmith

Posted : 17/12/2013 11:39 pm
Steve Culver
Prominent Member Master Bladesmith/ABS Instructor

Thanks to Joe for this demo! And thanks to Dan for the awesome video production!!

Posted : 18/12/2013 10:09 am

|quoted:

ABS YouTube Channel - Forging the Brut de Forge knife by Joe Keeslar, MS

In this ABS YouTube video Master Smith Joe Keeslar demonstrates the forging techniques for his Brut de Forge knife. This is video 1 of 2 in a series where Master Smith Keeslar demonstrates every step in building a Brut de Forge knife from beginning to finish including forging, grinding, heat treating, handle, and finishing. This video was filmed by Logan Pearce at the 2013 ABS Piney Woods Hammer-In at the Moran School of Bladesmithing in Washington, Arkansas.

[media] http://youtube.com/watch?v=QT5c4-kGp-M [/media]

Great Video, I'm going to get the book. Maybe that would be a great Christmas Present! I'll have to tell the wife, he, he!

Posted : 10/11/2014 2:07 pm
New Member Guest

Jonathan, it's a great book. Master Smith Keeslar signed mine at blade. A lot of good info that is useful for forging in general there also. I hope to get to take his class on this subject one day.

Posted : 10/11/2014 9:26 pm
Share: