Notifications
Clear all

25Th Generation Japanese Swordsmith Demo's

1 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Hi All,

If any of you out there share the awe that I experience when I behold the work of an authentic Japanese swordsmith, then listen up!

This coming October, I will be hosting Fusataro Asano, a twenty-fifth generation master Japanese swordsmith, here at my workshop in New Hampshire. During the course of his stay, he will be delivering three two-day demonstrations exhibiting the traditional techniques and materials of Japanese bladesmithing. The demonstrations will be fairly intimate, with a maximum audience of only ten people; you will have ample opportunity to interact directly with Fusataro San and to learn a great deal.

While you are here, you will also have the chance to interact with and see the work of Ford Hallam, who is the world's foremost tsubashi--a maker of Japanese sword fittings. Mr. Hallam is flying in from South Africa and will be here in New Hampshire for the month as well.

It would be an extremely rare opportunity to meet either of these world class artists, let alone both of them at the same time and while demonstrating their techniques. In fact it is probably literally a once in a lifetime opportunity.

Space is limited, and tickets are vanishing rapidly. If you would like to purchase a ticket, you can find more information here:

http://tamahagane.com/events/

(Please note that the three events in New Hampshire are the ones scheduled for October.)

Feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

Cheers,

Zack

Zack Jonas

Journeyman Smith

Posted : 06/08/2013 7:16 am
Share: