Notifications
Clear all

Disaster Relief Fund Raiser

1 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
Active Member Journeyman Bladesmith
Topic starter

I am a ABS JS in Washington state. You may have seen a news item about this where you are. Here is the story, in short. Just over a week ago, after weeks of heavy rain, a hillside about 50 miles north of me cut loose. It created a zone of devastation a mile wide and over a mile long. It wiped out a number of homes and small farms near the town of Oso. As of the last I've heard there are 25 known dead and 30 still missing and presumed dead.

This area is well known to me, I've hiked and camped and hunted mushrooms there for many years. There are plenty of qualified and able people on hand to hunt for the missing, but I would like to do something. This is what I've decided to do.

Buy one of my EDC's. They are my most inexpensive pieces. They are waterjet cut, but otherwise hand finished, and they come with your choice of handle, (I've got many kinds of wood, stabilized and natural, antler, and some micarta), and a belt sheath. The EDC with sheath is $150 USD. All of that will go to United Way of Snohomish county with 100% of the money used for the Oso relief fund. If you would like to step up and buy one of my forged pieces, or my waterjet kitchen knives, 75% of that will be directed to the Oso fund as well.

I'm not asking for charity. I'm asking you to buy my product, so I can be charitable to my neighbors. I am an ABS JS bladesmith and I have been making knives for over 20 years. You get a good quality knife, a story to tell your friends, and we both get to help some people who really need it.

Please check my website www.5elementsforge.com for more pictures. I'm going to let this run until the end of April, which includes my two Spring shows, Eugene Oregon and the Seattle International Knife Show.

Thank you all,

Geoff Keyes

Posted : 31/03/2014 7:38 pm
Share: