Clear all

Making The Best Of It?

35 Posts
16 Users
0 Likes
Lin Rhea
Topic starter

Nice work Jim! Of course, I'm partial.

Gilbert, That is a great example of making your time count. Even the planning of future classes is a step in the right direction.

I ordered a few parts for one of my generators so I can have both of them in top shape. One is fine for the moment but the second will need a carburetor and new lines. Our power is back on and that's a huge help. I took the weekend off from knife work and planted a few rows of garden. It must have helped because I now feel more like tackling some knife projects.

Lin Rhea, ABS Mastersmith

[email="[email protected]"]Email me[/email]

www.rheaknives.com

Posted : 21/04/2020 8:39 am
Estimable Member Master Bladesmith

All,

It has been awhile since I posted in the forum. I check every so often but this thread captured my attention. I am totally isolating with my wife and we have only gone to the grocery store once since the shut down. It helps having ten acres, most of it a groomed woods. I have spent more time in my shop than I have in over a year. It is cleaner than I can remember. I even went back to a design that I left behind close to twenty years ago and I now find that I love it. Every knife I am making now has a small piece of vitreous enamel on it (think colored flux fused at 1500 F). I am being more creative and I believe it is because I have fewer other demands and stresses. I am not for this isolation and yet at the same time I find myself enjoying some aspects of life I let slip away. I walk the woods every morning with my dogs. Often I stop and close my eyes and just listen. When I am in my shop I am anything but in a rush. I have learned to slow down in a good way. Of course, that does not mean that I would not love to be at a knife show.

Dan

Posted : 21/05/2020 9:59 pm
Joshua States

Welcome back Doctor! It has been too long since we sat and smoked a stogie. (I quit BTW). It's good to see you around the forum again. I'd love to see what you have created.

I have had about enough of this. Liz and I are taking off to our NM property for a week. I will be off-grid starting at o-dark early Saturday.

Joshua States

www.dosgatosforge.com

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdJMFMqnbLYqv965xd64vYg

https://www.facebook.com/dos.gatos.71

Also on Instagram and Facebook as J.States Bladesmith

“So I'm lightin' out for the territory, ahead of the scared and the weak and the mean spirited, because Aunt Sally is fixin’ to adopt me and civilize me, and I can't stand it. I've been there before.”

Posted : 21/05/2020 11:11 pm
Karl B. Andersen

You and your vitreous enamel!! But I do love it.

You're a very talented fellow, Dan, and it's a waste for you to not be in your shop.

Your report is inspiring and it's wonderful to hear from you.

Enjoy those woods more. I would.

Karl B. Andersen

Journeyman Smith

Posted : 22/05/2020 6:42 am

Nice to hear you are getting in the shop Dan - and it would be nice to be at a knife show talking to you!

Posted : 22/05/2020 3:37 pm
Page 3 / 3
Share: