Notifications
Clear all

More Sad News, Jimmie Buckner

4 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
Kevin R. Cashen
Topic starter

It is too bad that the top three posts here regard the passing of one of our brothers, and it is with a heavy heart that I must add that third. This week I was very saddened to learn of the death of Jimmie Buckner, who was an ABS Master Smith since 1994. I knew this well because Jimmie was one of the MS who were there for me with helpful advice when I got my MS the following year. Jimmie was quick to answer any questions that I had and when I brought seven knives to Atlanta, Jimmie took time out for the his show table to tell me which 5 he thought I should submit. He even found some buffer crud on my dagger and quickly removed it for me before I went to the judging room. He was a gentleman and a fine smith, and he will be missed.

"One test is worth 1000 'expert' opinions" Riehle Testing Machines Co.

Posted : 17/08/2017 9:26 am
Lin Rhea

That is indeed sad news. Jimmy was a fine gentleman and a fine knife maker. I am privileged to have gotten to visit with him on several occasions. Our condolences to his family.

Lin Rhea, ABS Mastersmith

[email="[email protected]"]Email me[/email]

www.rheaknives.com

Posted : 17/08/2017 10:43 am
Estimable Member Apprentice Bladesmith (5yr)

Rest in peace Jimmie. Condolences to his family and friends.

Posted : 17/08/2017 3:38 pm
BrionTomberlin

Thank you Kevin. I heard this yesterday and it was a shock. Jimmie was always willing to answer questions and provide advice. I first met him at a hammer in a number of years ago. Just listening to Jimmie and Dickie telling stories was something I will always remember. I always enjoyed talking with him.

Rest in peace Jimmie and I will ring the anvil for you.

Brion

Brion Tomberlin

Anvil Top Custom Knives

ABS Mastersmith

Posted : 17/08/2017 10:33 pm
Share: