Notifications
Clear all

Passing Of John Martin, Master Smith

4 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
Cindy Sheely
Topic starter

I have the following from Ray Kirk on the passing of John Martin, he was a member since 1995 and made Master Smith in 2006. Our sincere sympathy to all John's family and friends.

Subject: John Martin Passing

I was notified last night that John Martin had passed away last Saturday, June 30, 2018. John was one of the original members or the Knife Group Association and was responsible for doing the all the paper work to get the Group to a 501-3C corporation. The last few years, John has been battling cancer and went down fighting to the end.

His funeral and Memorial Service Mass is scheduled for Tuesday, July 10, 2018 at 10:00 AM at St. Anthony's Catholic Church, 515 S. Morton, Okmulgee, OK. There will also be a private gathering at the home, 821 N. Grande, starting at 6:00 PM.

John leaves behind his wife, Barbara and two sons, Aiden and Duncan.

Ray Kirk

KGA Sec/Treas

Thank you Ray.

Cindy Sheely

ABS Office Manager

(419) 832-0400

[email="[email protected]"][email protected][/email]

Posted : 09/07/2018 11:57 am
Lin Rhea

I'm sorry to hear of this. John was making some really nice stuff when I first joined the ABS.

Lin Rhea, ABS Mastersmith

[email="[email protected]"]Email me[/email]

www.rheaknives.com

Posted : 09/07/2018 3:40 pm
Honorable Member Journeyman Bladesmith (5yr)

To the John Martin family.

Prayer and peace.

Anthony

Posted : 09/07/2018 8:31 pm
BrionTomberlin

I heard about this yesterday. My condolences go out to his wife Barbara and his sons along with all of his family. Not only was John an excellent maker, he was also an accomplished musician. I always enjoyed our talks. Rest in peace my friend.

Brion

Brion Tomberlin

Anvil Top Custom Knives

ABS Mastersmith

Posted : 09/07/2018 9:07 pm
Share: