Notifications
Clear all

Photo Sizes In The Forums And Gallery

2 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
Karl B. Andersen
Topic starter

I make this post as a simple reminder to all of the existing members, and as a reference to all new incoming members.

We have. for a long time, had established photo sizes for use in the forums and in the individual galleries.

I almost have a daily task of informing someone to remove and re-size their photos.

At the top of your screen, just under the SEARCH button is a tab titled "ABS Board Guidelines". I suggest anyone who has not done so, please read these guidelines.

The third paragraph is this: " For images within posts there are image posting size rules in effect to keep the image uploads at 1,000 x 1,000 pixels or less and under 500k in file size and for Gallery images keep the image uploads at 600x480 pixels or less and under 50k in file size."

I politely ask all of our members to read and follow these rules. They are in effect for one simple reason - to save space on the web site server.

When over-sized photos are uploaded, the server software re-sizes the photos for display on the forum, but the ORIGINAL photo is still on the server occupying excessive space.

I can easily just delete the photos from the posts, but that would be at least a little rude - right? So.......I send messages to the member to re-size the photo and often get no response at all.

Please either set your phones/cameras to lower resolutions or learn to re-szie your photos to stay within these limitations.

Thanks - very much.

Karl - Forum Moderator. Photo Czar.

Karl B. Andersen

Journeyman Smith

Posted : 24/07/2020 8:16 am
Karl B. Andersen
Topic starter

This is Web Re-Sizer. Here you can upload your photo and re-size them to whatever size you require. http://webresizer.com/resizer/

Karl B. Andersen

Journeyman Smith

Posted : 24/07/2020 8:19 am
Share: