Notifications
Clear all

Successful Fund Drive For The Dicecca Family Fund

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Admin_DJC305
Topic starter

I want to personally thank all of the ABS members that stepped up and generously donated knives, personal items, and money to the Jerry DiCecca Family Fund. The drive was able to raise $965 at the silent auction held at this weekend's New England Hammer-In in Auburn, Maine for the family at this time of need. This just shows how generous our ABS members are and that we are a close family.

It was just three weeks ago that Mace Vitale made this appeal:

This was the message to you from Mace Vitale about Jerry:

Hello Friends,

One of our own has fallen. Our friend Jerry DiCecca was overseas working and was killed in a car accident. Jerry was a stand up guy...very interested in Bladesmithing and learning as much as he could. Jerry has been to all the New England hammer-ins and has taken many classes at the New England School of Metalwork. Jerry was interested in learning the ins and outs of knife smithing, but was also a collector. I just wanted to give you a little info on this big hearted man...he was one of us. My feeling is we are all family and family should help each other out. Jerry was in the country of Georgia and as of this writing has not been brought home yet. So much red tape and expense for a grieving wife and 2 daughters. So maybe we can make life a little easier for them...lets help bring Jerry home! I have some donations of a few "blacksmith knives" and am planning to do a silent auction at the New England hammer in this July. If you have something you would like to donate to this effort please let me know. Also...we are asking if you would like to make a monetary donation we would be very grateful.

Thank you for your time.

Please...lets bring Jerry home.

Mace Vitale, JS

Dan Cassidy
Journeyman Smith
Send an email to Dan

Posted : 15/07/2012 7:39 pm
Active Member Journeyman Bladesmith

Thank you ALL!!!

It was a great weekend...Jerry would have had a great time.

Mace

Posted : 15/07/2012 11:07 pm
Share: