Notifications
Clear all

Member Gallery Features

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Lin Rhea
Topic starter

I spent a little time going to several member's photo gallery and noticed that one very nice feature is not being used much. When you open your own gallery and click on a photo it opens up, right? Up above the photo there is a symbol for "notes". Try clicking on it and see what happens. With this feature you can insert some detailed information to those who hover over the note in your photo. You can tell the blade material, length, type of handle construction, etc. If you add a note and want to add another, just hit refresh and add another. When you are finished reading and want to just study the photo, just move the cursor over off the photo and they go away.

Lin Rhea, ABS Mastersmith

[email="[email protected]"]Email me[/email]

www.rheaknives.com

Posted : 24/05/2011 4:04 pm
Admin_DJC305

Lin:

Thank you for pointing out this feature. I have configured the ABS Forum to give the photos of our ABS member's work the maximum exposure on the Internet. As of this writing there have been more than 91,000 views of the photos in the ABS Forum Gallery and last month the ABS Website was viewed in more than 90 countries.

I have another tip below to help ABS members get more exposure for their work on the internet:

Gallery Tips and Internet Search Engine Optimization

After uploading photos of your knives to your album in the "Member's Work Gallery" there are several additional steps to take if you will want to make your work and your name discoverable to the internet search engines. Google, Yahoo and the other internet search engines will index on the caption or title line of the photos in our ABS Gallery so it is important to have your name in the caption of your photos in the Member's Work Gallery. There is also an opportunity for you to write a detailed description of your knife and the materials used in the space below the caption. Another idea is for you to include a link to your website and/or email address after a quote such as: " For more information please contact..."

The example in the screen capture below shows some tips to get your photos in the search engine page rankings and maximize exposure to your work on the internet:

Dan Cassidy
Journeyman Smith
Send an email to Dan

Posted : 24/05/2011 7:58 pm
Trusted Member Journeyman Bladesmith

Thanks Lin, I sure didn't know that.

Posted : 29/05/2011 11:29 am
Share: